Painted alize project, check the pic out

why is it a waste of a good bag?
if the person loves it hen thats all that matters. almost all of us accessorise our bags in some way, this is just taking it a step further.
its a form of expression and the owner clearly wants to stand out and be unique.

I don't think it's a waste of a bag. To me, the Care Bears paint isn't much different from the Cherry Blossoms or Panda collections, except that someone did it him/herself and it's not an authentic release. But if LV released a line with Care Bears (or Hello Kitty, or Tokidoki) I bet we'd all go gaga over that, too.

I actually really love it. I wouldn't do it on a brand new bag but if I had an old one that I've used for a while and gotten tired of, I would definitely like to add a personal touch!

I mean no offence, but I would not like for LV to ever put cartoon characters on their bags. I like Hello Kitty, but would not like LV to paint it on a bag at all. I dislike the cherry blossom bags, they look like they are trying too hard to me. I have seen a lot of people paint their leather motorcycle jackets with band names and pictures, usually in white and that always looked cool to me, but painting a LV like that is akin to painting over a Rembrandt with Care Bears. It just wasn't meant to be. I understand that somebody else might love it and have a different opinion but to me it looks juvenile.

why is it a waste of a good bag?
if the person loves it hen thats all that matters. almost all of us accessorise our bags in some way, this is just taking it a step further.
its a form of expression and the owner clearly wants to stand out and be unique.

I agree with this.

And it seems like canvas would be a much better surface to paint on instead of leather....

That said, I don't really care for the Care Bears design.

I don't like it all... The design is also very odd to me - one of the carebears is smoking cannabis, one is playing with bombs and one is really fat and eating doughnuts and McDonald's - what's up with that? Not exactly the cutest design to put on a bag.

I think that if I got my bag painted like this then the novelty of it would soon wear off and I'd wish I'd left the bag plain... <-- Especially since Louis Vuitton wouldn't ever repair the bag if it broke.