Paid membership?

I'm new to tPF, but I would definently be willing to donate if there were a place to do so. I agree with those who don't think there should be a required fee, as not everyone can afford it, but perhaps many people would be willing to pay whatever they are financially able and/or in line with the amount of use they make of this site. I'm not really in favor of "extra perks" for $, as I'm already frustrated by the fact that I'll have to wait so long before I can even request access to the Marketplaza, but at least I can try to earn my way in there on merit, which seems fairer than buying in. Also, I realize that it costs a lot to run this place and advertising helps offset that, but possibly some funding from PFrs could remove the need to let websites that sell fakes have links here...it just seems contradictory to the whole purpose. Anyway, those are my .02 for the day. I love this place and can't thank everyone enough for all of the great advice - I'm not sure I would have had the confidence to buy my very 1st Paddy without the knowledge here and I am super excited to get to talk to bag-obsessives like me!:happydance:

I would SO pay for a membership if needed and donate also. It takes so much time to dedicate to maintaining a forum like this. I cant tell you how happy I have been since finding the Purse Forum, new friends, bag info, etc. I think I log on 15 times a day! Whatever is needed from me I will be more than happy to pitch in and do what it takes!

^ Thanks for the kind words!!!!!

Vlad and I will probably start with a pay pal donate- and then talk about a possible membership for members that would like it. But we want the site to remain free to everyone and open to everyone.

It does take a ton of time and work and money to keep this place running- but we love it and it is truly a labor of love!!!

I am obviously in the minority when I say that I think the forum should be kept at no cost to users.

I'll join you in that minority.

One of the things I admire most about the forum - and the management - is the inclusiveness.

It's for people who like purses. Not only people who have, or even want, designer purses, or people who have a lot of money, but people from all over the map, both geographically and economically.

The donate button is a great idea. The forum depends on the contributions of its populace, and if the way someone can contribute includes giving money, they should do it. And set up a PO box so that people who wish to donate anonymously can send money orders.

However, it is my opinion that the establishment of a "tiered" cyber-society, where those who are able to make a financial contribution enjoy an advantage over those who are able to contribute only in non-monetary ways would mean a big change in the overall character and zeitgeist of the forum.

Whether that change would be "good" or "bad" is obviously very subjective, and it is the prerogative of the management, also obviously, to make any and all determinations regarding how they would like to see the forum evolve.

But I will register my vote for the inclusive and egalitarian atmosphere that has made this Poor Person feel so welcome that I have come to consider this place my "internet home." :smile:

^ I totally see where you are coming from, hence Vlad and I are just thinking of doing a pay pal donate. That way people can decide if they would like to donate towards our costs, and if not, we will still be here loving this place and our members just as much!!

I agree with what ShimmaPuff said so eloquently.

Donations are, IMHO, a great idea, and all members (irespective of whether or not they contribute financially) should be allowed to see pics posted on this excellent forum.

^ Pics will always be able to be seen... Vlad and I have worked really hard to keep this forum free for everyone and accessible for everyone.

Like I said, pay pal donate it the best option IMO :yes: