Owww....ear infection...

1. I had a throat infection that mutated into an ear infection and now I can't hear out of my right ear! I've been sick for the past 3 weeks and it's driving me crazy.

Sorry, I just needed to vent, I am jacked up on antibiotics right now...anyone have any advice to help me hear again?!! :cry:

2. Im sorry I dont really have any advice other than: get some rest and drink plenty of fluids!!
    I hope you feel better soon :biggrin:

3. Oh man, I know how you feel!!! One time I had a DOUBLE ear infection. It was so bad I couldn't hear a thing and the fluid in my ears was so infected I was dizzy if I even turned my head. The antibiotics take about 3 full days for the ear infection to start to get better. In the mean time keep taking a decongestant like Sudafed to help keep the tubes unblocked!!! You can take decongestant along with the anitbiotics!! Hope you get better soon.

4. Drink plenty of fluids and take antibiotics. I hope you feel better soon! Take care.

5. The doctor said I had to try sleeping on my left side but that's hard because I can only fall asleep on my right side! :blink: I'm taking Zrytec right now and drinking tons of water, hopefully I can hear again.

6. sigh. awww.

feel better!

7. Feel better! Just get plenty of rest, and come to the PF for moral support ;) . I once had a bad clog in my ear (not sure how it happened since I'm religious about cleaning out my ears) and could not hear out of it for days. The doctor couldn't clear my ear all in one day, so I had to live with it for a few days. It really does throw you for a loop - the imbalance.

Good luck and HUGS!!!

8. Get well soon! I had a ear infection many years ago, not a pleasant experience at all.

9. Hope you feel better soon! :smile:

10. at my age i still get frequent ear infections, and the fact that i suffer from allergies does not help. i usually do warm compressess and take a antihistamine along with motrin. most important, i am sure to rest and drink lots of fluids.
    hope you feel better soon. it is no fun.

11. hope you get well soon!!

12. honu- how are you doing?

are you here in hawaii too? i remember getting those bad infections- usually after hiking into the falls and going swimming... I always used dry ear the very first day- or hydrogen peroxide. but if your ear infection is in the inner ear it wont work... i hope you feel better!

13. mocean: Nope, I'm in the Bay Area - DH is from Hawaii though, we got married at the Halekulani - LOVE that hotel! Are you on Oahu? I am dying to go back and do some more shopping - I miss Hawaii!

14. oh, i'm sorry to hear that. hope you feel better very soon!