Owning a clutch without a clutch life?

This thread is funny. If having a clutch life means going to posh clubs, then I don't have a clutch life either (in fact, where I live, there are no "posh" clubs):P However, I have 3 clutches and I'm looking for my 4th now. They all get plenty of use. Even if it's a dinner date-night with my DH in our fairly small city, I use a clutch. I have a silver Chanel clutch, a bronze Chanel clutch, and a vintage beige Chanel lambskin clutch. They are nothing fancy - no rhinestones or anything, so they are very versatile.
Utilizing a clutch is not as much about lifestyle, as it is practicality. What I mean is, in theory, you can carry less at night when you go out, so there's no need to carry a large bag over your shoulder. A clutch is just sort of a streamlined way of carrying your necessities when you leave the house at night. I love my clutches and they are my go-to bags in the evenings, no matter what I'm doing or where I'm going:smile:

Love clutches for any occasion! I never really go out, occasionally to dinner with hubby, no parties, going to the grocery store without the puppy is a paaaaarrrttyyy :biggrin: All my clutches are quite roomy and they fit all the essentials (wallet or a smaller coin purse for money, lipgloss, keys, phone and whatever little random thingys are needed). At the moment I have 4 (black embossed croc and leopard ponyhair both Kirsten Schjonning, orange woven leather Cole Haan, grape embossed croc Longchamp) and I'm always on the lookout for a new one, right now looking for a purple one.. and khaki green... :smile:

I love this thread. :smile:
I'm not sure the definition of a "clutch life" is as marked anymore, after reading these posts -- which is great. I own a couple of clutches, and while I don't use them as much as my handbags (I'm a "crossbody" lover!!), I still adore them and use them often -- casually or formally. I like "giant" clutches -- the kind that look elegant but can hold almost as much as a handbag -- because you can still look chic on a night out but you have all of your stuff with you!

I wish I didn't have to carry so much; I'd love to carry my clutches more often. E.g. tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with some friends, but I won't have time to go home between work and dinner so I'll have to carry a big bag with all my daytime stuff in it.

I live in a big crime-ridden city and I carry my clutches everywhere, even on public transit.

I guess I figure if they want the bag, they'll take it no matter what style it is. I hold my clutches more closely than a shoulder bag. I read some crime blotter report that said that crossbody was the most dangerous, because thieves will knock you down to take it and women have been injured.

Last edited: