Ovulation Cramps? HELP!!!

1. Does anyone get cramps while your ovulating? I have cramps so bad right now it feels like im on my period. I don't start until around the 18th. Is this normal does it happen to anyone else?:confused1:

My cramps are only in the pelvic area only and I took tylenol but it hasn't really done anything.

2. This happens to me once in a while. I usually take three ibuprofin, and that does the trick. Also, I find that heat helps. If you have a heating pad or one of those bean bags you put in the micowave, that should help. I hope the pain goes away soon.

3. Occasionally I do. Actually I just did a few days ago, had a sharp pain on my right side and I was worried it was appendicitis or something! But then I realized I was just ovulating.

4. I have the same thing before my period also. I suggest normal painkillers :smile:

5. Me too, before I was pregnant, I'd just take Motrin. Good luck! :biggrin:

6. Oh its normal. I always new when I was getting my period because I had twinges of pain when I ovulated. My left side ovary was more painful when I ovulated than the right. Since I was NEVER regular it was a nice announcement that I was getting ready to get my period. Then the periods stopped when I was about 42 and I havent gotten one since. Doctors didnt know why. One doctor called it silent menopause because I had no symptoms at all, no hot flashes, nothing.

7. Aleve used to be a high-powered Rx med for cramps.

If you take 4 aleve pills you are taking the correct Rx for cramps. You can only take 4 pills every 12 hours.

I take 4 aleve pills when I can tell my period is coming. (Thirsty, bloated, etc.)

This helps lots!

If you are feeling bloated you probably can't stand to drink water. But you must.

Drinking pure unflavored water will help wash away the retention chemicals like salt.

Drink 1 pint (1/2 litre) of water every hour and pee at least that often.

Good luck to you!

8. I am being very serious when I type this. If you want a very quick cure, not to get all graphic and all but try masturbating. It works. Achieving orgasm through masturbation or other means temporarily reduces painful cramps for some women. If you don't feel comfortable with this method, that's okay. Just do what works for you.

9. I swear by Aleve too. My bottle says to take no more than 3 in 24 hours, however. I would always read the instructions on the bottle for the correct (and safe!) dosage.

10. yes and motrin works better

11. I never got them until after I had my second child and now I get them all of sudden out of the blue and they are very painful. Actually, I woke up in the middle of the night in pain the other day, but they go away pretty quickly too. Still, it's a huge pain to deal with.

12. Certain times of month my ovaries hurt when I sneeze, but I am on the pill and shouldn't be ovulating... so who knows!

13. I usually have full blown PMS about one week before my period. I get the most severe cramps, nausea, etc. I have to take vicodin during this week and then I go to the Motrin 800 as it gets better. Then I'm symptom free for about 2 1/2 weeks until it starts all over again. :crybaby:

14. It's perfectly normal to cramp when ovulating; some women even spot a little. It shouldn't be continuous sharp pain, though.
    You could try a warm bath, breathing, etc till the pain med kicks in.

15. every month - before and after pregnancy. - only when I got pregnant it seems I wasn't having any... ehm ehm. (it was an honest mistake at the time but in hindsight - how could i have been so off? I guess it was time for a family so I 'forgot' subconsciously? who knows..)