over picked and sqeezes a clogged pore, now what to do?

1. I wanted to get it out and used an extractor to push it out, now my skin burns and it's very red and brown, how can I speed the healing process? Please help!

2. Ouch. I would put some ice on it to keep the swelling down. It probably looks worse than when you started and this will help. I'm not sure about the rest. Neosporin helps heal but it may clog your pores again? Good luck.

3. It's turning brown, new skin is forming. I hope it won't cause permanent scarring.

4. Picking or home-extractions rarely ends well. Seriously, it's about bacteria, and you can break little cell walls when you do it that then become inflamed. Bad business.

That said, I have been known to do it when I am nervous about something else. Ugh :tdown:

When it FIRST happens, go to your fridge and take out some plain or vanilla yogurt, and spread it all over your face. Let it cool and dry on your face. Once it has softly dried wash it off with a washcloth.

The redness will be gone, and it generally calms your skin. Works for sunburns, too.

As for something you've already sort of broken the skin on and is very angry, keep it clean and moisturized and above ALL, do not ouch with hands that haven't been freshly washed!! Good luck :tup:

5. I do this all the time. I cant halp picking my face. It never leaves a permant mark but all skin is different. I would put that neosporin stuff on it to speed up healing.

If the guck does not come out within the first 20 secs of squeezing...stop!!!! Anything after 20 secs and your asking for trouble.

6. I used to do this too, and the result was always much worse than just leaving the clogged pores alone. I now use these flat sided q-tips anytime I know won't leave something alone. So far I have not had any redness after using two of these for extractions. Also, for the redness I would use something like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cream or Philosophy Help Me to increase cell turnover rate and help your skin heal. I have had good experience with both.

Qtips 1.JPG