Oval Diamond East-West

1. Does anyone have an engagement ring with an oval cut diamond set east to west (sideways)? Please post pics of your ovals!

I once saw an antique Cartier ring with an oval set in pave diamonds east to west.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. I think Catherine Zeta Jones has a marquise that is set east to west that is pretty. Similar to the overall look you wanted to see.

Here it is:

[​IMG]

3. thanks. those are helpful. keep posting your ovals if you have them!

4. I think that's what I want for my dream e ring. Is it more money to set it this way?

5. I posted about this a few weeks ago too !!! There were some nice pictures that people posted. I have an oval I am thinking of setting in a "dome ring" with pave in an e/w setting too ! I am curious to read responses too !

6. I don't have one, but I would consider resetting my engagement ring (oval diamond) to make it an East/West set pinky ring.

Here's a ring from Diamonds by Lauren with a 3+ carat diamond in a partial bezel solitaire semi mount ring. There's also a pink 1.68 brownish pink oval with a diamond halo.

sdovalb2.jpg 168b.JPG
  7. I LOVE the east/west settings. So classy IMO.

Catherine Zeta Jones' is TDF!

8. Do you think having an e/w setting would make your finger look fat?

9. Does anyone find that oval diamonds cost quite a bit more then typical cuts (ex. round, princess and even sometimes more then cushion)?

10. I haven't found this to be the case. :shrugs:

11. When we were diamond shopping we found the oppsite to be true. Ovals were less expensive. The sales associated I asked said that it's a less popular cut than the round or princess so you can usually get a better deal on a larger stone. We wanted an oval so it worked out :graucho:

12. No, I don't see that it would unless you have a naturally chubby finger and pick a very wide or very bulky setting.

13. That is true. I don't know why they aren't that popular. I think you get more finger coverage for your money too w/ an oval. I love ovals- they are so classic looking. I think a big fat marquise cut is classic too, but I hate when they are cut skinny looking or super pointy.

14. I love this look. I have an oval solitaire that is 1 3/4ctw. I would love to upgrade in five years to something like CZJ's ring.