Outlet vs. Store

1. Hi Everyone...

New here but I love this forum and I loooove Coach, so I see it as a match made in heaven. I live in "nowwhere ville" South Dakota where there is no coach store within
    a few hundred miles.

Next week I am traveling to Marco Island, Florida where I hope to visit a Coach
    store or outlet. My friend told me that the purses at the outlet store are
    made specifically for the outlet stores and don't have the same quality as
    the boutique. I really need to make this shopping trip count so I need some
    insight on which one to go to. I want the quality but would love to save
    some money too. Thanks to you all for your help!

Michele:confused1:

2. I purchased all my bags from the outlet. All are awesome quality and the price is so much better. Also, I have never been in one of their regular full price stores. I have walked by them and my impression is that the outlet has more bags to choose from. If you want to save money and don't mind an older style bag I would go to the outlet.

3. Coach outlets are like any outlet---pretty hit or miss for newer merchandise.
    You could ask on in the "Coach shopping"--"Outlets" section if anyone has been to that particular outlet recently and what was there.
    As far as the bags at the outlet: they usually have some newer merchandise(that came from a boutique) and they always have outlet only bags which are made by Coach so IMO they are the same quality as a boutique bag!!
    Good luck and let us know how you make out!!!

4. The outlets have some nice things and there prices are good but I would go to a retail coach store because those are the ones they will repair if something goes wrong. I think they might fix an outlet bag but you would have to pay. At least thats what an Sa at one of the outlets told me. Though I have never had to have the bags from either place repaired. Good luck and have fun.

5. I think it really depends on what you're looking for. The outlet will get some of the newer styles from time to time but they are often one-offs that someone has returned or has been transferred to the outlet. We live close to an outlet and I purchased almost all my bags there for years. It was only with the legacy 06 design and a PCE card that lured me to the regular boutique.

I've found some really great bargains at the outlet, so I think it's a great choice. If you're looking for a new style currently available, your best bet is the boutique. good luck!

6. Thanks for all your advice ladies.. I am so excited to go shopping
    and

7. Thanks for all your advice ladies.. I am so excited to go shopping
    and add to my tiny coach collection! I'm still not sure which one
    to go to but am looking forward to actually "touching" all the bags
    instead of just ogling over them on a website!

Thanks again and I'll let you know what I come back with!!!

:drool:

8. ^^I know the feeling. The nearest Coach store is over an hour away and the outlet is 2 1/2 hours away so I mostly look online. But it's so fun to see them IRL.

9. Oh yes, the outlets can be fantastic, but it is definitely hit or miss. I have gotten some cute bags that are older styles, but occasionally I find some newer styles as well. Good luck and have fun!

10. the outlets are closer to me than boutiques and i prefer to shop at an outlet. the quality is still great and they are getting better at getting newer things sooner. and the price difference also helps me in my decisions. i hope you find something awesome at the outlet you go to...

11. yeah let us know what kinda goodies you find!

12. I recently made my first trip to an outlet store, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!! I love the new items at the boutiques, too, and I get my fair share of those items, but at the outlet I picked up a leather tote, matching full-sized wallet and wristlet, leather gloves, a scarf and 4 charms for a little over $400!!!

13. How much do people usually save by buying a bag at an outlet? I mean are we talking about 10%, 20% etc?

14. I got my cotton carly for $191.99 and it retailed for $368. You can find some fabulous deals at the outlets!! I would say around 40% off full boutique retail.

15. plus outlets always have a clearance section....pretty much most of the bags i have are from the outlet, they are the same quality as in a boutique.
    Coach does make some bags only for the outlets, but most of the stuff there is sent from the boutiques! you always get great deals, and you never know what you'll find! So I say hit the outlet first!