Outfit to match the bag? Or bag to match the outfit?

I always try to match my bag to the outfit I'm wearing. But I think my idea of matching is very different from alot of other peoples. E.g. I think it would look fab to wear a pink bag with a green dress. I always make sure that none of the items I'm wearing has the same colour. I would never wear a pink dress with a pink bag or a green bag with the same coloured green shoes. It just gets a bit too matchy-matchy. I guess that's just me:shame:

I definately try to co-ordinate. I'm constantly changing my bags depending what I am wearing. A lot of my bags are either Brown or Black but there are some styles that just don't look right if you are really casual so I change all the time.

I'm also one of those people that has to co-ordinate their shoes - I can't have a Black handbag and Brown Shoes for example.

I find the easiest bags to co-ordinate are LV classic monogram as I think these can look really smart but also the monogram looks great with Jeans (it just depends on the style of the bag - I'm after a large Musette at the moment, I sold mine a while back and I really miss it!).

I like the look of bags that match outfits. I've seen people who can pull off the totally non-match & it looks good, but I just don't feel comfortable with that. I stick to black or white bags (as a general rule). Now, having said that, I do think that logos go with most anything.

I never think about my outfit, just go the wardrobe and pull out a pair of jeans and something to wear on top. But shoes/boots and handbag I can deliberate over. My shoes handbag and clothing don't really match but I walk out of my apartment happy.

I never ever coordinate my bags to my outfits. I have been using my blue denim bag for a week and will probably use it non stop for the summer. The only time I really change my bag is when I go out at night and I am dressing up. Before this bag I was using my LV mono speedy everyday and seldom ever changed it since I think it went well with everything.

I don't usually match my bag to my outfit. I often carry one bag for several weeks at a time, and then decide to change it up, and switch to another bag.

I'm kinda like 'thegirlgotsoul' - I tend to carry the same bag for the entire work week, then comes the weekend, I switch to a smaller bag. On Sundays, I pick another one to start a new work week. I try to stick with neutrals for my work week purses, as my clothings are mostly black pants, any tops/sweaters and Marc Jacobs flats or Prada Mary Jane.

What I need is, a better storage compartment for my purses (there was a thread about this), so I won't forget what I have.

:rolleyes:

For the most part, yes, but I have a few coloured bags that don't match anything really, so I have to make sure my outfit is neutral. Getting my handbag to match my shoes is pretty difficult for me still ! Random luck if it happens.