Order cancelled by NM

1. How often does it happen and is there anything I can do about it ? :sad:
  2. pretty often and there's not much you can do except wait for the link to pop up again.

you could always try printing the transaction before it cancels and then go to Nordstrom to see if they will price match for the exact same bag.
  3. its really frustrating, it happens a lot of times and the worst thing is that u cant do anything about it!!
  4. I've heard that it is better to call! Personally I have had pretty good luck getting the stuff I order online.
  5. This is a good question. How often? I believe everyone here will give you the same answer, "everyday". :cursing: NM is such a crap store because you got nothing to do if they canceled your order. :shrugs:
  6. From my own experience, it happens a lot.
  7. I gave up ordering anything off their sales page on the website when they not only canceled my order but the CSR people tried to say it was because my credit card was denied, which was BS. I even had my CC company call NM to verify the charge was approved and yet NM persisted in saying my card was denied. They made me sound like trailer trash, so I sent a carefully worded letter to management about the incident, but the wimps never replied.

This is why I really wish people wouldn't post links to sales page items on NM or BG: they NEVER have the item, or so rarely have it that it's just a waste of time to bother with it.
  8. I think it is a right of passage to have your Neiman's order accepted and then cancelled. It happens frequently. Maybe we should band together and contact their customer service about their policies and the disappointment it causes...I am sure it is a technology situation with their website and I would imagine they would be able to improve their situation.
  9. Ahhh, I thought it was only me. I've had that happen way too often with NM, and always with the one item that I can't seem to live without. Ok, a bit dramatic, but the last time, I had ordered a Burberry Metallic trench that was an unbelievable price and was so excited, then BAM! several DAYS later an email telling me it was no longer available. Very depressing. Still disgruntled.....
  10. Twice I've had orders cancelled and interestingly enough, on the one I DID receive, it took forever and customer service told me the that the credit card couldn't get an approval for "days". I was annoyed because my card had a zero balance and a $5000 limit, so I called and said WTF??? I think they didn't know if they were going to have the bag and had to wait several days to see if they could come up with it. I did finally get it and returned it, LOL! I will keep shopping there even though it's annoying because they do have incredible deals, IF you can be the 1st one to order. I think the cancellations are just part of the process, so try not to get your hopes up!
  11. I just wrote a letter again to their VP of customer care-it'll be interesting to see if I get a response. If I do not-I'm done shopping there-deals or no deals. It would just confirm to me that they don't care about their customers that keep them in business. :shrugs:
  12. That stinks! You are stronger in numbers so everybody should complain! Maybe CS will get off their "high horse" :sad:
  13. i've always had good experience with NM! but i buy sale clothing more often than sale purses

the only time i've had to deal withthat "the item is out of stock but it's your credit card company's fault" is with Saks. it took me literally 3 days to get the item i wanted.
  14. They only have one piece of the last call items. It just depends on who gets in first. It has nothing to do with the people or the company. I don't work for NM or BG but I work in IT. So, I kind of know what happens with these inventory control systems. I have put through about 25 orders and had 5 of them go through. It just depends on who completes the transaction first.