Opinions please if this cles is defective...

1. I was so excited when I got Pomme D'Amour Cles that I didn't noticed this right away. The "tooth" that keeps it locked seems to be quite short. In fact, the lever that you pull up, tends to "click" and lock into place when you push down on it. I've compared it to my Mono Groom Rond and there is a visible difference in the height of the tooth. I've included pics (sorry if a little blurry -- used my phone/ no batts for digi cam).

In the pics:
    The Pomme cles is one the left & the Groom Rond is on the right

I have used the cles 3 times. But if it's defective, would this be a problem returning it? I know it didn't brake off because the "gold plate" is fully intact and there are no cracks.

Please have a look at the pics and let me know. TIA;)

Photo_0013.jpg Photo_0015.jpg
  2. I'd take it in and ask the s/a about it. Compare it to other cles' and see what they say.

3. If it's not closing properly I would bring it back, otherwise, I think I have noticed variations in my cles collection in the size of that tooth as you are referencing....

4. contact SAs, i'm sure they'll be happy to help out :smile:

5. absolutely take it in and have the SA take a peek. If it doesnt lock properly you run the risk of losing it and that would be tragic. Most likely they will exchange it for u

6. Thanks for the opinions, ladies.

I bought it from the LV in Banff & shipped to Holt Renfrew in Calgary. When I showed an SA, they said it looked fine. But I don't think it was looked over thoroughly. I know it wasn't compared to others cles'. I'm sure it will be fine. But I did pay for it (which the BF thinks cles are a waste if $$$ -- but doesn't mind me buying bigger items).

I hope I can exchange it or even get a credit considering it's past 14 days. It's just that I have used the cles already, not knowing it was defective or not.

7. I agree, take it back

8. poor little cles, might need to be replaced...