Opinions on this Valentino bag please!

1. dear pfers,

what do u think of this Valentino pale gold braided bag? It's for pre-order at $1,895.00. What do you gals think? Do Valentino bags go on sale anyway?

thanks! :tup:
  2. I'm not a big fan of it personally, I'm not very keen on the braids but if you like it then thats all that matters! :smile:
  3. I love the braided handles on bags. That bag is gorgeous.
  4. I love it....Kiley
  5. LOVE IT. One of my favorite bags of the year, hands down.
  6. My friend bought it and found it more cumbersom than she had thought.
    She's a tote gal and has a baby, so she returned it for a lovely Jimmy Choo bag that she can get in and out of easier.
  7. thanks ladies for all your valued feedback

lady chinadoll: wow ur fren got it already? It's only for pre order on BG website and it is only available in April..? wonder why
  8. It's a nice bag. When I think of Valentino, though, I think of pretty bows on the bags. I think some Valentinos do go on sale at Saks, and NM, but if you wait for the sale you might not get your bag.
  9. Hi minami. I own a few Valentinos and this is one of them. I own this style in Ivory with black topstich. It really goes with everything. I can go days without changing bags. I really love it. The bag was a little stiff at first but has really softened up nicely. It fits comfortably on the shoulder now. This bag seems to get quite a bit of attention when I where it too. I'm not sure if it is the style, the big gold Valentino plate which I wish they had left off, or the Angelina noteriety. Regardless, I love the Histoire in certain colors and finishes. I prefer it in non patent and I have not seen the particular color you posted yet. I do love the bag design though.

10. I really like it. I have three Valentino's but in different styles. I bought two on sale from Neimans/Bergdorf. The Histoire style you are considering seems very popular, so I dont know if it will go on sale, curses Angolina J.:cursing:!
  11. LOVE IT!!!! I have been debating between the gold and the ivory and just can't decide. It is a gorgeous bag!!!!
  12. I love the bag overall but I'm not in love with the braided thing going on.
  13. I'm not a huge fan...too boxy and structured looking for me. I did however love Zahara's mini version!
  14. This is one of my VERY favorite bags!
    I say go for it!
  15. I have seen this bag in Sak's in other colors, finishes, and it is a little too heavy for me. Also a little too structured, however, it is gorgeous and if you love it, go for it!