Opinions on this BV?

1. Hi all, if I don't seem familiar to some of you, it's because I mostly lurk in the Louis Vuitton forum and on occasion, the Chanel and Coach forums.

Well, while reading Vogue [August 2007 issue] I came upon this BV bag...opinions?

It retails for $5,780 USD.

[click to enlarge]
    P1030875.JPG <-- with flash

P1030876.JPG <-- without flash

[Mods: if this has been posted, feel free to close! :smile:]
  2. No one likes or dislikes this bag??
  3. I really like it, a little out of my price range though :sad:
  4. I wonder if it's real exotic skins...I imagine it would be at that price.
  5. It`s the flight bag. Looks like either python or anaconda, maybe also watersnake. Comes in Vintage Nebbia leather though and is more affordable then. Check out page 138 of F/W catalog. Don`t personally like the shape to much though...
  6. I like it. I think it's a little more flashy than the usual BV but the colors are gorgeous.
  7. Personally I don't like it. The signature BV weaving ruins the look of the exotic skin. And I am HUGE fan of exotics. Not doing it for me.

8. I see what you mean. The weaving takes away some of the beauty of the exotics, huh.
  9. Not a fan. ITA with maxter. I don't understand why BV even bothers to do the intrecciato weaving with exotics. It takes away from the natural beauty of the exotic skin. Too much going on.
  10. big No for me. I would rather spend that amount on something else.
  11. If you like this flight bag, you should get the intrecciato nebbia calf or crocodile version. They are much nicer than this phyton/anaconda one. The nebbia is about $2500. The crocodile is more than $10000. Yikes.
  12. It's not my style, and honestly, I don't think it demonstrates the beauty of BV
  13. :wtf: $10K ++ ??

Well, that's just a tad out of my budget..:sweatdrop:

I'm not sure how I feel about this bag in any material...I'm completely new to Bottega...like I said, usually the Chanel/Coach/LV addict...:graucho:
  14. The nebbia calf leather is really nice. It shows the BV's signature woven much better than the python. And has the same feel as the "mirage" (I think) line from LV. The shape of this bag is more casual. It would be good as an everyday kinda shoulder/messenger bag.
  15. I doesn't do anything for me, sorry.