Opinions on these flat black boots please...

1. What do you ladies think of these? Be honest. Don't hit the back button because you don't want to say something that's not positive. ;)

I have been looking for a pair of flat boots with a not too pointy toe that are wider around the calves so I can tuck jeans in and still have a slouchy look. They are impossible to find! I found these yesterday at Nordstrom. They are Steve by Steve Madden and they were around $200. They are a very soft pebbled leather. I don't normally like pebbled leather but these are totally matte, soft and not to pebbly if you know what I mean. The quality isn't the best though. Obviously they are not top notch designer boots but it's the style I was looking for. I noticed that the pair I tried on had inconsistent leather from one shoe to the other so I ordered a new pair. I hate paying full price since I know they'll go on sale sooner or later. I like the style though and even though I was looking for a flat boot I kinda like the wedge.
    I'd like some honest opinions. What do you think of them? Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. they look ok, not crazy about that "fold" right under the buckle, and from the pic, the quality of the shaft doesn't look great, but it is a basic boot. however, if you are looking for one to wear for a long time, then i'd say invest in something better. these look similar to a few of the loeffler randall boots, which may be still available online, depending on your size.

here are some examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-SOLD-OUT-LOEFFLER-RANDALL-MATILDE-BOOTS-695_W0QQitemZ300191721150QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.shopatmilk.com/product/14/1093//3

ooh, these are on sale for about 60% off, and it's a designer i personally love.

http://www.footcandyshoes.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=AS8967!ROS&csurl=%2Fistar.asp%3Fa%3D3%26dept%3DF%26sortby%3D%26numperpage%3D12%26pos%3D84%26

some sites you may want to check out for good shoe deals: bluefly.com, Nordstrom, Shopbop, revolveclothing, just to name a few.

3. I like the style. They seem like you could get a lot of wear out of them. I am not a huge fan of Steve M. b/c I think they are spendy for such poor quality. (I have had several SM shoes that weren't the best quality (one pony hair that were $110.00 and the fur was falling our after 4 hours! Needless to say, I took them back.

4. Thanks for the opinions. I agree about the quality being an issue.
    I really like the first two boots except for the way they are so wide and sort of shapeless in the ankle area. I have seen those and contemplated buying them but for the money I want to love them.

5. Honestly, I think this boot isn't too bad. I think with the right outfit it could be really cute. If you are worried about the quality aspect, well there's not much you can do, but I think you will get what you want from this boot, at least for a couple seasons before you have to retire them. And by then, you might find a better boot to suit your needs and style preferences. overall I say go for it! (that is, if you haven't already!:p)

6. I'm not sure about the heel...looks kinda weird sticking out, otherwise, they're okay.

7. I think they're OK, but I don't know if I'm really crazy about them. Sometimes it's hard to tell from a stock photo, though - they might look really good on you!

8. I agree with boslvuton that these are not bad. Nordstrom is notorious for late-season markups, though. If you've tried the boots and are confident of size, I would suggest some serious web research (that is, if you like to shop online!). You should be able to find them heavily discounted at this time of the year. That way, you wouldn't be so invested, and could 'graduate' next fall to a better-quality version.

9. I'm not feeling the love!
    The bottom half of the shoe is a bit of a turn off for me.
    The wedge, the look of the leather, I just can't put my finger on it.
    But with that being said, they could be okay on.

10. Thanks for all of your opinions. It seems like most of you thought they were "meh." I liked the style but the price was too high for the quality. Plus I got them and the leather was inconsistent from one boot to the other, they had a slight sheen to them (the kind that happens when you iron something you are not supposed to iron) and the deal breaker was that they didn't stay up. I wore them around my carpeted bedroom and they slouched way down. I returned them this morning. Hopefully I'll find something I like better.

Thanks for all of your honest opinions.

11. I like them, but I'm more of a heel girl than a flats girl unless they're sneakers or ballet flats. :p

12. I like them, with the right outfit they could look really chic.

Though I'll suggest a few designer shoes of the season you can tuck jeans into, with a "not too pointy toe" that I prefer over these steve madden's... perhaps it will be helpful to you. :flowers:

Delman Legacy:
    [​IMG]

Marc by Marc Jacobs Scrunch Ruffle Kneeboot:
    [​IMG]

Robert Clergerie Oliver:
    [​IMG]

Frye black leather 'Annie' harness boots:
    [​IMG]

Maloles Botin 6:
    [​IMG]

Belle by Sigerson Morrison:
    [​IMG]

Juicy Couture Jacqueline:
    [​IMG]

13. ^^Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for flat boots. I love the Belle by Sigerson Morrison but the shaft circumference is only 14 inches. Way too small to tuck jeans into and still have the slouchy, relaxed look!

The ones that come closest to what I'm looking for is the Lanvin flat boot (except the toe is too squared) and the Loefller Randall boot that another poster suggested (except the ankle is too wide). I think I'm being too picky. You never know, I may someday find this mythical flat boot.

14. My friend tucks her belle's into her skinny jeans, looks adorably relaxed. Though it depends on your calf and denim collection of course. :yes:

Though I think the Ontario's may be more what you're looking for...
    [​IMG]
    These are such amazing quality too. :tup:

15. ^^oooh, I likey!