Opinions on the Botkier Trigger?

I have a black trigger from the first year it was in production. The leather is super buttery soft and it still looks brand new. I absolutely love this bag and still wear it. I do tend to sell off bags when I'm bored with them, but I will never part with this one.

What does it look like? I bought one of ebay that I think is an older model. No magnetic claps on the two compartmens, no dog leash, and cloth instead of Nylon Botkier lining. BUT the botkier brass nametag was on the leather on the inside front of one of the compartments.

I have two other triggers (yes, 3 total) one large and one medium in taupe sheen and mermaid respectively. (those I know are real and are later models.

Beautiful bags!

I love them! I don't think they're dated. I saw a very fashionable girl on the subway wearing one just today. :smile: I have several and really love the pockets, the compactness and how much they can hold! I definitely recommend them.

This is the only Botkier I like -- I have it in metallic pearl from the original line before they shipped production overseas. The leather is incredibly lovely and the whole bag is super durable and easy to carry on my shoulder. I love it so much and was happy to pull it out of my closet last week for the first time this year.

104377321_150f0aa2c8_o.jpg

104377787_e7be766833_o.jpg
My friend is selling the exact same purse in turquoise on ebay! I have this in blush. Great bag -wish botkier still made

What does it look like? I bought one of ebay that I think is an older model. No magnetic claps on the two compartmens, no dog leash, and cloth instead of Nylon Botkier lining. BUT the botkier brass nametag was on the leather on the inside front of one of the compartments.

I have two other triggers (yes, 3 total) one large and one medium in taupe sheen and mermaid respectively. (those I know are real and are later models.

Beautiful bags!

It sounds alot like mine. My leather is really buttery soft. It is not pebbled at all. It has the Botkier metal plate on the inside top of the leather just like you said and it does not have metal snaps to secure it. It also has the plain black cotton lining. Okay, don't laugh... I have no idea what a dog leash is.:confused1: Are you talking about the chain that holds your keys or the hook clasp thing that comes up from the bottom of the purse and meets in the middle? It does not have the key thing, but it does have the clip thing if you know what I mean.:shame: Someone has to fill me in on that one so I don't continue to be so ignorant.:P

So, I have yet to ever come into the Botkier forum, but this was my first foray and a thread I started a long time ago is right on top! I think I was meant to be here.

I am currently stalking a trigger. How much do you think a slightly used one is worth? IMO the seller is asking too much, but I can't find the color anywhere and I'm getting desperate.

Beautiful bags!
I know this is a very old thread and way back in 2008 people were wondering if the trigger was dated. So I'm still thinking I might like to buy one. Are you still using yours? Is it heavy?

I know this is a very old thread and way back in 2008 people were wondering if the trigger was dated. So I'm still thinking I might like to buy one. Are you still using yours? Is it heavy?
My Triggers were purchased later than this, in subsequent releases of the bag (one with the original styling in 2009, the other in 2011 when Botkier updated some of the detailings like cross-hatched studs, double zipper teeth on the front zips, and zipper tabs instead of tassels). I don't find either one to be too dated, and still rotate through both bags amongst my collection. Weight-wise, I think they're pretty manageable -- they're not the lightest amongst what I own (that would probably be the regular hardware Balenciagas), but also not the heaviest bags I've had. Fantastic organisation too, even though I never use the secret pockets. I definitely still love both my Triggers!

If you can find one, I say go for it! :tup:

Reactions: kellbell285585
My Triggers were purchased later than this, in subsequent releases of the bag (one with the original styling in 2009, the other in 2011 when Botkier updated some of the detailings like cross-hatched studs, double zipper teeth on the front zips, and zipper tabs instead of tassels). I don't find either one to be too dated, and still rotate through both bags amongst my collection. Weight-wise, I think they're pretty manageable -- they're not the lightest amongst what I own (that would probably be the regular hardware Balenciagas), but also not the heaviest bags I've had. Fantastic organisation too, even though I never use the secret pockets. I definitely still love both my Triggers!
If you can find one, I say go for it! :tup:

thanks
I bought a pristine Marc Jacobs Blake recently. It's suede lined and I knew that would add weight. Not too bad if you're just carrying around casually but if you have on your shoulder any length of time the weight is a bit of a burden.

Reactions: kellbell285585
did they make a small trigger back in the day? I just got one from ebay and was so disappointed when I opened the box. It was supposed to be 12" long and it's more like 9". Looks tiny. It's in very good condition but proportion-wise it's not right for me nor do I remember seeing a trigger like this.