Opinions on styling this dress please!

1. Ok, here is my new dress from Banana Republic.

[​IMG]

I have a wedding to attend in Sept. and I was thinking of pairing it with large gold handmade earrings, sort of ethnic looking, this clutch and shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing is since the wedding is in September and up north would dark stockings look off? Should I go bare? I am thinking of bringing a pashmina just in case, should I go black or a color?

(Please help I always wear the same dress to events and that's just wrong!)

2. I love your idea of the large earrings.
    I'd suggest you wear stockings, maybe off-black or nude 15 den? I wear wolford luxe 9 sandal tights. That really depends on what time the wedding is held, how old you are, and how formal this wedding is going to be.
    In Europe as a rule, even in day time church events ladies wear stockings.
    If you are under 21 you can get away with no stockings, but since you are not wearing sandals, I would reconsider it.
    If the wedding is in the evening you must wear stockings.
    If it is a formal wedding (not a backyard one) you must wear stockings.
    I'd suggest a pashmina in champagne color.

3. So beautyful!

4. Lily, I've been wanting to try Wolford tights. I agree about stockings, actually I always wear them, but I was concerned that they wouldn't look right because of how the dress is styled in the ad. I'm over 30...hehe.

A champange colored pasmina is brillant! Thanks!

5. i think you should wear your hair up. the pleated neckline is very interesting. i also like the idea of metallic shoes with this dress, but i suppose it depends on what sort of event it is...

6. I do have gold shoes, but they aren't the right style for this dress. If I get strappy sandels, then stockings wouldn't work...

7. I agree that tights are best for this, and I'd say stay with the shoes there. Sandals would seem a little too casual for a wedding. I'd suggest pulling your hair back, but not up, because that just seems a little too formal, and this dress is still pretty cocktail. If you could find a shawl in a dark gold chiffon (or if not, if you felt up to going to a fabric store and just getting some), that'd be fantastic.