Opinions of lurex (?) finishes on handbags

1. Ladies, I would like your opinions, experiences, regarding coach finishes. I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it on the search. I was wondering what you all think about the lurex finish. The golds, bronzes, etc. I think that is what they are called. I think they are beautiful, esp. for an evening bag, but am a little leery of them getting scratched, etc. very easily.

I don't want to spend the money if the second I buy my purse, I accidentally scratch it w/my nail, etc.

Thanks for your input!!:idea:
  2. Lurex I believe actually describes a type of print, but as far as the metallic finishes, I think it depends. I have a dusted suede hobo and that thing is almost destroyed and got that way very easily - it "creases" on itself and picks up dirt quickly, but I have heard it's one of the harder materials to protect. Now I have a chelsea metallic satchel and that thing stands up rather well to just about everything. I also have a gold trimmed plum suede legacy shoulder bag and while I have heard that some have experienced a lot of scratching with the trim on those, I have not had that at all (keep in mind that I don't wear that bag all that often since I baby the suede, but I have used it at least 2 dozen times or more). Lastly, I have a white sig/metallic gold duffle. The gold finish has rubbed off very slightly in a couple of spots, but I've used that thing TONS!

So all in all, it's pretty much how you treat the bag and what your overall environment is like.

I hope this helps!
  3. Thanks for your input!! Yes, I mean metallic finishes. Lurex is the print w/some shine in amongst the signature, I believe. I'm interested in the purses w/the solid metallic finishes. I wouldn't be using it much, just for evenings out to formal functions, etc...your response helps!:yes: