Opinions from MC Speedy owner,...Please.

1. Sorry...it got a little long......

The DBF got me my first :heart: bag for my birthday last week. I've used it once (don't want it "man-handled" too much right away!), but I've been noticing a few things. Such as:
    1. The lining inside is slightly smaller than the bag itself. I noticed this because I was trying to push the vachette piping out and stuff it in order to get its' shape. Is this because of the hardware on the bags? What I'm thinking is that they made the lining slightly smaller than the bag so that the lining doesn't get worn out from rubbing against the hardware/screws? Is the size of my lining normal?
    2. The S-Lock closure seems to bug me on this bag more than anything. Everytime I try to close/click it into place, it sounds like it "clicks" but it actually isn't securely closed. At this point, if I were to pull on the zipper tab, it would come off the s-lock. It seems like I have to really push in the tab for it to securely clasp on. Is it because the canvas is soft that everytime I push on the tab to close it, the canvas bends in and I can't get it to click in place properly? Is this normal?
    3. Zipper & Leather Tab -- This part of the bag where the zipper, vachette tab, vachette piping meet seems to pucker more than on my Azur Speedy. I tried to push it out more by shaping it and stuffing it, but again, the lining is smaller that it doesn't add pressure from the inside. I'm hoping over time this will loosen up, but if it's a defect, I don't want to wait too long or else I can't exchange it. (Sorry about the pic quality on this one, the battery was running low).
    4. Gold Hardware on the Corners - all but one are pretty much perfect! The front left corner seems to have a "soft" indent or "warpness". It doesn't really bother me as the other things I "vented" above. If you were noticing the bag from afar or pretty close, you couldn't see it. But if you were really eyeing it, you could tell, because it gives off a "warped" image of whatever is reflecting off of it. Does anyone else have this on any of their hardware? In the pics below you could see it producing "rings" in the corner and extending in between the screws. Those little "specks" you see are reflections off the popcorn ceiling in the basement.
    Sorry If I went on & on about this....
    I wanted to hear from anyone who had this problem(s) or if this is really an "irregular" problem, that I should take it back. I really love the colour combo on this bag (something I totally didn't look into when I got my first MC bag). Help Please! Don't know what to do or think!

TIA;)

MC Corner4.jpg MC Corner1.jpg MC Corner2.jpg MCZippertab1.jpg MCZippertab2.jpg
  2. Well, the wavy piping is normal, and so is the clicking on the lock because mine does the same thing. However I would see if there is anything that can be done about the corner, that's not normal. Maybe you can exchange it?

3. ^ ITA, the corner looks like a defect. bring it in and let them check it out!

4. The clicking, I thought meant it was locked in place? In my case when I do click it into place, then pull on it to see if it is secure, it comes off.

Thanks ladies, I thought that corner seemed a little off. It wouldn't be so bad if it was in the back but still, the BF spent that much on a bag, wouldn't you want a "perfect" bag?

5. The lining in my mc speedy is the same way, I think its like this in all of them but i could be wrong.

As for your pull leaf, I think over time I will pull out/straighten more but I dont think mine is perfect either.. Unlike my mini lin or mono speedy.

As for the s lock, never use it. I zip my bag when out in the malls and thats about it but never latch it. I took the zipper pull over to one side or the other(front or back)

Sounds like what you're explaining with the zipper is correct, it doesnt have a stiff part to push into. So yes its going to take some getting used too.

6. i agree with the others on taking it back for the corner.

as for the s-lock, i just learned that i need to slide the knob to the side while putting the pin in lol. i thought i could just stick it in and it would lock.

as for the tab, mine looks like that too.

7. The lining inside is slightly smaller than the bag itself. I noticed this because I was trying to push the vachette piping out and stuff it in order to get its' shape. Is this because of the hardware on the bags? What I'm thinking is that they made the lining slightly smaller than the bag so that the lining doesn't get worn out from rubbing against the hardware/screws? Is the size of my lining normal?
    I think the lining is okay, my MC speedy's lining inside is fine, but my MC wapity's lining doesn't lay flat, so it's smaller inside than it really looks. I've also heard some other people mention smaller linings inside too, so I htink it's normal.

The S-Lock closure seems to bug me on this bag more than anything. Everytime I try to close/click it into place, it sounds like it "clicks" but it actually isn't securely closed. At this point, if I were to pull on the zipper tab, it would come off the s-lock. It seems like I have to really push in the tab for it to securely clasp on. Is it because the canvas is soft that everytime I push on the tab to close it, the canvas bends in and I can't get it to click in place properly? Is this normal?
    Oh I know what you mean. When I just got my Le Talentueux, it would click but the bag would unclick right after. I thought it would be a problem cuz this bag and the handle rely completely on that S-lock, otherwise it'd be open all the time and lose its shape. I thought of going back to exchange for another bag since my MC Speedy that has the same lock doesn't have this issue, but later I realized that you need to push it in more. Now it doesn't bother me at all.

Zipper & Leather Tab -- This part of the bag where the zipper, vachette tab, vachette piping meet seems to pucker more than on my Azur Speedy. I tried to push it out more by shaping it and stuffing it, but again, the lining is smaller that it doesn't add pressure from the inside. I'm hoping over time this will loosen up, but if it's a defect, I don't want to wait too long or else I can't exchange it. (Sorry about the pic quality on this one, the battery was running low).
    I dunno, i think the tab looks normal.

Gold Hardware on the Corners - all but one are pretty much perfect! The front left corner seems to have a "soft" indent or "warpness". It doesn't really bother me as the other things I "vented" above. If you were noticing the bag from afar or pretty close, you couldn't see it. But if you were really eyeing it, you could tell, because it gives off a "warped" image of whatever is reflecting off of it. Does anyone else have this on any of their hardware? In the pics below you could see it producing "rings" in the corner and extending in between the screws. Those little "specks" you see are reflections off the popcorn ceiling in the basement.
    ya, that warpiness doesn't look right... I don't think it's a huge deal, but if it bothers you, go and exchange it.:yes:

8. The defect on the corner gold hardware would bother me... I'd bring it into LV to see what they can do about it. :yes:

9. For more than CAD$2000, I would expect better, I would bring it back. Best of luck :heart:

10. Thanks for all your input everyone! I am definitely going to go back with my bag and compare them with the other ones at the store. If I had to exchange this, I'd hate to lose this colour combo.

11. :tdown:Take it back, the corner should not be like that! Take it ASAP so they can do an exchange, if you wait too long, they will require a repair instead and you will be without your bag for 4-6 weeks. Right now because its so new, they will allow an exchange. Good Luck!

12. I would take it back

13. Take it back quickly. Hope you get this resolved- let us know!

14. Thanks everyone for your replies!

I will most likely bring my bag in on Thursday after having lunch with Vista & Karman. But I will definitely call LV tomorrow to let them know I'll be coming down. The BF got it for me July 13th and when I bring it in, it will be 13 days of having it. Hopefully, that's not too long. I just want someone else to see it IRL so I don't feel like I'm hallucinating.

Thanks again, all!