Opinion on Medallion bag

1. Visited Chanel store yesterday and SA showed me the bordeaux Medallion bag, said it would definitely make a timeless piece in a unique color. What is your opinion on this bag. Anyone feel it is too matronly?

2. No, the bag is not too matronly. I have the medallion tote in black and I love it. I use it a lot during the weekends, but it's too small to use as a work back since I tend to carry tons of stuff to work. The bag does have a casual look and since I normally dress very casual the tote really works for me. I'm sure the bordeaux is beautiful, but I haven't seen it IRL.

Are you trying to decide whether you like the medallion tote or whether you should go with the bordeaux color? This bag is timeless and classic.

3. Thanks so much for your opinion. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the medallion. I have the GST in black so I do not want it in black, although it is gorgeous. I'm also wanting the jumbo flap. Decisions! Decisions!

4. i prefer the medallion tote in basic black or bright colors, to lessen the "matronly look" you were talking about.

ive seen it in coral, purple, pink and even the limited edition silver medallion...all drool-worthy!:okay:

5. I prefer the GST .... not really a fan of the Medallion.

6. I don't have one, but I've heard people say the Medallion tote is a little hard to get things in and out of.

7. I don't think it's matronly, it's classic. In ten or fifteen years you will still be proud to carry it.

8. I really like the medallion tote and tried it on in store last week and it seemed a good size to fit in all my bits and was easy for me to carry. I say go for it!

9. I love my Medallion. It is classic and sexy.:tup:

10. Jumbo flap is another great choice

11. i have a pink one and I carry it all year long ( yes even in the winter )
    Its such a classy bag and its no harder to get in and out of then other chanel bags. I like how its stiff and it holds its shape. i get many many many compliments when i carry it.
    I have not seen the bord in real life, but the pictures look great, it seems to be a very rich colored bag.. i am sure the pictures dont do it justice..
    go for it !!!

12. oooh, I would go for the jumbo flap first...the jumbo flap is awesome!!! I just got my first one today!!!

13. I say go for it..it's classic and will never go out of style. It's simple yet elegant. It's very comfortable carrying over the shoulder although one strap tends to slide off. I guess that's the problem with most bags with two straps...at least IME.

14. I really like Medallion Tote, it's a timeless piece especially in black and white. =)

15. I've got a white medallion tote and I love it very much!!! Its a very classic style that would never be out of date.