Oops, silver tag came off on one side, what to do?

1. Hi all,

The stitching on one side of the silver tag on my plomb city came undone today, now the tag is dangling by one side only. What to do?

I'm considering cutting the stitching on the other side and just storing the tag with the paper tags etc. Or shall I stitch it back on? There are holes in the leather where the tag is attached, so it should be easy enough to do.

Has this ever happened to you? What would you do?
  2. has not happened to me. i think i'll simply cut the tag off.. if i plan to use it to death. even if i want to sell it one day, i can still explain why the tag's not there but kept separately.
  3. Yes, that's what I was planning to do. Thanks for the reassurance Glossie.
  4. Cut the other side off and then stitch both sides back on! That's what I did with my 2007 fw black city. It took me about 5 minutes and now I know it will not fall off.
    BTW, I also have to stitch some buttons on 2 see by chloe dresses. Funny, I never have to do that with my banana republic or gap stuff!
  5. Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happened to. It's a bit sad that these expensive items are falling apart so quickly. At least it's nothing major though. Still ...
  6. As some of you know, I just got a F/W 08 RH Black City last month and the nameplate did the same thing! I am a bit upset spending so much on a bag and it is already falling apart!!! What should I do??:confused1:
  7. I'd just stitch it back on, no biggie. If the holes are already there, just do a simple sew job and you'll be good to go!
  8. Thanks so much REREsaurus!!:flowers: I was freaking out!