One Year Into the Quest for the Perfect Balenciaga Collection

1. In one year, I have created a beautiful Balenciaga collection, but I’m still not satisfied. I have recently decided to refine it a bit, and I continue to look for older colors, styles, and leathers. I love the new colors, hardware, and styles that Balenciaga continues to introduce. Here are photos of my dressing room, which has now been taken over by Balenciaga – the Louis Vuittons and Chloes now occupy a tiny section. All of my other bags, Pradas, Isabella Fiore, et al, are heaped on the floor in an extra room, or lined up on the top shelves of extra bedroom closets. I have taken loads of my handbags to our local consignment shop – ridding myself of LVs and Chloes that way so that I didn’t have to deal with eBay. The Louis Vuittons that I have kept are ones that I really love, and to me they are classic pieces. Balenciaga is my main focus, and specifically in the area of handbags. I like some of the clothing, but not a lot. I only own a few Balenciaga pieces of clothing – the handbags are what have captured my heart. So, on with the show! First, I'll show an overview of what was my dressing room looks like now - in the past, during the winter season, I would have all of my sweaters on the shelves - I had them categorized by color and designer - the sweaters are now shoved wherever I can find the space - LOL! I also had my handbags on the shelves, categorized by designer. (If everyone can give me about ten minutes before you post anything that would be helpful because I'm loading about 30 photos, and I have to make multiple posts - thank you!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last two photos - I wanted to show you those, so that you could see how I can let lots of natural light in when I want, but then I'm able to close the shades, and make the room dark. The room stays dark except when I'm choosing my handbag for the day.

2. Oh thats just cruel! LOL. Love everything!

3. Next are some different sections - I'll show the works first -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work:

2005 Bubblegum Pink Work Bag
    2005 Apple Green Work Bag
    2005 Chocolate (Marron) Work Bag

2005 Black Work Bag
    2007 GH Aquamarine Work Bag
    2007 Fall/Winter Collection SGH Violet Work Bag
    2007 Fall/Winter Collection Jaune Work Bag
    2008 S/S Thyme Work Bag

Weekender:

2005 Chocolate Weekender

4. OH GOODNESS! LOVE EVERYTHING.

can we please trade lives ? :p hahaha..so prettty and i love how diverse your collection is!

5. I'm speechless!

6. Lovely, this is truly LOVELY. I remember seeing past pics of your closet, which was already amazing, and now it's evolved into being even more BAL-dominated!!

MORE PLEASE!!!

7. Here are my cities, both regular hardware and giant hardware:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

City:

2004 Pistachio City
    2004 Eggplant City

2004 (card says 2005) but this is the Pewter City for Holiday 04
    2005 Calcaire City
    2005 Magenta City

2005 Pewter City – Holiday 05
    2005 Sky Blue City
    2005 Caramel City
    2005 Olive City
    2005 Bordeaux City
    2005 Pink Metallic City
    2005 Bronze City
    2006 Cognac City
    2006 Blueberry City
    2007 GGH White City

2007 Sandstone GGH City
    2007 F/W Tomato SGH City
    2008 S/S Electric Blue SGH City

8. Oh My Freaking GOD!!!!

9. I don't know what to say - what an awesome collection! Truly amazing - !!

10. I want to curl up in your closet and die! That is one amazing gorgeous collection you have I love it L-O-V-E it!! :drool:

11. Now for the firsts, I love these! This is what started it all...back in the good old days - o.k., it was only 2001 and 2002 - what, five or six years ago, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First:

2001 Flat Brass Black Pebbled First

2002 Flat Brass Black First – 1st Season
    2002 Flat Brass Caramel First – 2nd Season
    2004 Marigold First
    2004 Rose First

2004 True Red First
    2005 Metallic Pink First
    2005 Turquoise First
    2006 Grey First
    2006 Camel First
    2008 Light Magenta First
    2008 Bubblegum First

12. WHAT!?!?!?! :shocked::weird::amazed:

are you kidding me!? you have more bbags than the NM i go to LOL.

eta: you don't have any Brief's, do you?

13. Your closet is AMAZING. I'm speechless.:crybaby:

14. Now for the twiggies - a rose twiggy was my first Balenciaga purchase, and I bought it on eBay through a wonderful TPF member - I later bought her cornflower and anis twiggies. Miss Rose Twiggy is the only twiggy that I have sold - I miss her, but she is in a wonderful home, the home of royalty here on TPF. :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Twiggy:

2004 Anis Twiggy
    2004 Pistachio Twiggy
    2006 Emerald Twiggy
    2006 Cornflower Twiggy
    2007 Vert d'eau Twiggy

2007 Sienna Twiggy

15. OMG 'K', I love love your collection:girlsigh:Love all the FB and all the oldies :drool:
    What's your favorite bag? Which one you use the most?
    Thank you for sharing :heart::heart: