One thing you love...

1. Wherever you live...

Please tell us the one thing you really love about where you live and even why. Oh, and maybe let us know where you live in case we may want to visit!
  2. the ocean is two blocks away. :smile:
  3. It's an extremely multicultural metropolis.

Toronto, Canada, by the way ! :smile:
  4. It's extremely cheap to live here (at my favorite local restaurant, you can get 10 cent drafts (beer) on Thursdays, and $1.00 a dozen clams on Wednesdays!!!
  5. I live in the DC Metro area, and I just love it here (except for the rain that we've had for the last few days). I love visiting the sites and museums. The shopping is catching up - there are some really great places in Georgetown and Alexandria, and both Tyson's and Chevy Chase are building up. There are some really amazing places to eat too!
  6. because it's a college town, you get a lot of the cultural advantages of a big city (wonderful restaurants, concerts, lectures, museums, galleries) without the traffic, pollution, and crowding.

plus a lot of cheap Thursday night drink specials (because Thursday night is the new Friday night).

Athens, Georgia :biggrin:
  7. I live in a small village outside the city, so its nice and peaceful but if I need to go shopping its not too far to travel. I love the community feel of a village because everybody knows everybody else and you always meet someone you know when you go for your daily paper.
  8. Soon to be Palm Beach County, Florida - the beach! :cool: The shopping is good, too :angel: Oh, and great restaurants where you can find the best, freshest seafood. Okay, so that's more than one thing :p
  9. Another Torontonian here - I love how everything is here - shopping, entertainment, by the water, boardwalk, fantastic shopping (Queen West, Yorkville) oh yeah, and my man is here too :heart:
  10. I love how safe it is, and how my kids are getting to be kids for just a litttle bit longer.
  11. Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Even though it's a city of $60,000+ people, you still get that small town friendliness and hospitality. It's also a safe place with good schools. It's a great place to raise a family. It's the number one annual destination for aviation buffs as it's home to the Experimental Aircraft Association's yearly convention and fly-in. That event alone attracts nearly a million people to the area. We also have a great deal to offer for those interested in the arts with our museum, the Paine Art Center and Arboretum, and the Grand Opera House.

Damn, that's reads like a Chamber of Commerce brochure.
  12. NYC here. I love it how the city never sleeps and that there is always something to do. There are still parts of NYC I still need to see and i've been here for a couple of years already!!!
  13. Right now... it's close to my family & a nice area for my kids.

Next year...Oceanfront! Where we always wanted to be:biggrin:
  14. The city of brotherly love ..........Philadelphia .....IF u every come u have to get a cheese steak ( for non red meat eaters like my self a chicken cheese steak)... We have great shopping areas old city , KOP, center city. And cant for get we have tastycakes :smile: yum
  15. The greenery. We have beautiful elm trees on our street and front yard, and a park across the street.