One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Sounds like he has potential. He just needs to hang around Hermes talk longer.
What is his expensive vice? My husbands is music and guitars (he has 15!!). I think of it has his "Hermes addiction!!"

Well we all have our little hobbies and extravagences, I'm sure that your SO has his own too. I have to tell you that its so great to have someone not judge and just support you in your obsessions, within reason of course. My fiance is very fiscally conservative but he got me a Tiffany engagement ring because I wanted it - I don't think it would have occurred to him to argue about what I want.

You deserve to be treated like a princess and to feel like on in your relationships! This I learned from my mother. I also think its a bad sign when a man comments about your friends.

Is taitai a bad term? I've never heard it?

Is taitai a bad term? I've never heard it?

Well, I think I all depends on a person's definition and perspective of it. Some women think it's an achievement to be called a taitai, and endeavour in their lifetimes to become one. Some other women would scoff at such a condescending term for a woman, and find it distasteful.

We're a jolly bunch in SG. And cannot possibly take this too seriously. Right, girls? Hey, where are these girls. Oops, it's past bedtime. :P

Er, I tried training DH BEFORE marriage. Found myself living with him for 10 years. Finally realized that he was a "work in progress" and that training is an ongoing process, so now I've been married for 2.

Of course, he's got his own side of the story...:confused1:

Kou: if it's any consolation, DH went from "HOW MUCH?????" to "That color isn't versatile given your wardrobe" in the space of several months, i.e., his reaction when I show him an H bag online.

It wasn't the reference to "taitai" I found rude.

I think the "have to be insane to spend 5K on a bag" and Kou starting a thread with the whole negative vibe of what her SO thinks about the Hermes board is just imature and rude. She's mentioned his feelings over and over on the board and I really don't care to hear her SO's quotes about how "insane" we all must be.

Well, I think I all depends on a person's definition and perspective of it. Some women think it's an achievement to be called a taitai, and endeavour in their lifetimes to become one. Some other women would scoff at such a condescending term for a woman, and find it distasteful.

We're a jolly bunch in SG. And cannot possibly take this too seriously. Right, girls? Hey, where are these girls. Oops, it's past bedtime. :P

Okay, thanks. But I guess I would wonder why your SO doesn't assume some of the women purchase the items with their own money? You buy your own Hermes items as a successful woman Kou, others do as well. Maybe you can remind him of that. :smile:

Hahahaha I try to be sooo honest but my DH has flat out LIED about how much something he likes costs! :wtf:

Read: speakers, cars or car stuff, computers, games (en masse)... whatever has a microchip in it or an engine!

We haven't argued about Hermes, far from... teasing, yes... somewhat in disbeleif at times, yes... but he knows if I scratched hard, there would we weird and bizarre purchases he has made just under the surface!

Is a Hermes supporting husband at HSH? PLH? LoL Cause he is... kinda by choice, kinda just to keep my eyes on bags, and not his checkbook! LoL :graucho:

Oh Kou, sounds like he's not being very much supportive huh? Oh well, your money to spend right?! When he starts paying your bills then he can speak IMO. Anyhoo I hope none of the ladies mentioned took offense to his comment, maybe he just said it to joke with you?

Hi,
I don't know you but the comment about being insane to spend 5K on a bag is not uncommon. The majority of people in this world don't really understand why we love our Hermes purses so much, much less why we are willing to spend so much money on them. I only know one man who understands my fondness for the bags. Don't let him get you down about it, and I'm glad you shared your experience with us. Hang in there, Kou!:heart:

Oooo I wanna be a Hermes carrying "taitai"!LOL

As pre wikipedia: To qualify as a Tai tai, one must have lots of leisure time, lots of money and lots of gossip to exchange.

Based on my experience I have to say, don't expect your SO to change, certainly not after you marry him. I think you are lucky that he is showing you now what his attitude is. Whatever it is today, that is what it will be.