Omggg!!! The Thinnest Laptop Ever!!!!!!!

1. I so love it!! For a little over a year now, I've been a mac girl. Don't think I'll ever go back.

2. I love it. It even has a backlit keyboard! It's just soooo expensive though, to the point that I think it isn't worth the price! :s

3. It's amazing! Everyone said Apple wasn't going to reveal it at MacWorld today. Oh Apple, you sly dogs...

While I think it is amazing, I have come across a few gripes that I agree with...It's completely sealed in the back (like an iPod). Meaning you cannot upgrade memory, change your battery, etc. To some, this makes it feel more like a "device" than a laptop. I'm inclined to agree with them...

Also, with the recent advances in Solid State Drives (SSD's, hard drives that are not mechanical) a lot of people were hoping Apple would be the first big company to start using them. This is the perfect product to utilize a SSD.

Oh well though! I still can't wait to get my hands on it and oggle over it! Sadly $1700 is a ton of money for a computer with run of the mill (if not sub par) specs...

4. i agree. :sad: i hate the device feel and the fact that it doesnt have an optical drive, it must feel so wierd..

but lets forget the tech talk. and drooooooool over it. :drool: :graucho: :drool:

5. Flash back to 1997 - you know, that time when Apple was "dead" and they introduced the first iMac - the one with the old CRT style all-in-one in "Bondi Blue". The price was.... $1299. It had a 233 Mhz processor, 15" diagonal screen, 4 gig hard drive, and 32 MB RAM/memory. It only had a CD drive (not a CD writer.)

The PC world had a field day, laughing over the blue color and sure that the lack of the floppy disk drive would kill it is for sure. Apple was right then when they said that nobody would miss the floppy disk drive. They are making the same bet again in that they don't think anyone will need an optical drive.

6. As much as I love it's thin-ness, I'd probably end up cracking it in half somehow.

7. I rarely use my optical drive, but I like knowing I have it, but maxter you make a really good point. Apple really does start trends... It's pretty crazy how far we've from from the Mhz days...My family still has our old purple imac, it's a piece of art now haha.

I can't even imagine how thin this thing is gonna be! I was amazed at the iPhone when I got my hands on it. There were so many side-view pictures showing comparisons, but it didn't matter until I could feel it.

Does anyone else think the black keyboard is ugly? It's kind of a throwback to their old powerbooks...My aunt and uncle still have theirs with the silver case and black keyboard, which I guess shows the longevity of Macs.

8. 1799!?!?!? I'll Pass!

9. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

is all i can say maxter.
    but i just dont really wanna be the guinea pig in the transition.
    anyway i got my mcbookpro about 1 year ago. tough as a rock.

ill upgrade when the next mcbookpro is this thin. :nuts:
    i think the mcbookpro has a much better keyboard.
    so beautiful to type on.

10. lol. their longevity is definitely FOR REAL. ive seen mac dinosaurs run faster than some dells. lol kidding. anyway i had the little teal like color, but the OS was in spanish. lol.

as a young boy it was hard. i spoke both languages well, but the different ways of doing things also killed it for me. so i donated it to my mother's guatemalan friends. :idea:

ps. the apple website has a video on the new laptop. check it out!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

you'll see how thin it is!!:graucho:

11. All I can say is: Wow...

:nuts:

12. INCREDIBLE!! :tup:

13. I love it!!! Better start saving now!!

14. That is amazing..look at it on engadget.com but even MORE expensive here:wtf:I love my MBP too:love: