OMG we might be getting a dog...tonight

Aw - that is amazing of you to take in this little girl! I can't wait to see pics of your new furbaby.
That is a tough decision on whether to keep her or not and try to foster - maybe see how well she settles into your home and go from there. :yes:

Bless you for preventing them from ruining this poor pup's health with constant breeding. We had an adopted female that happened to; when she couldn't bring in money for them, they abandoned her. I want to strangle people like that.

She deserves better. Probably won't take too long to train with her age. No one took the time to be consistent and loving with her.

Best wishes!

Introducing Sophie!!!

We changed her name, it was Pebbles, but I wanted to give her a fresh start and good associations with her name. She was shaking and scared for the first 30 minutes, but she did so well! and my other chi's were very good! 45 minutes in Sophie was chasing them around, wagging her tail and playing! I was so happy! She is emaciated, I can feel every vertebrae in her spine, she's light as a feather, her coat is a mess and there are patches of fur missing, she has a cut on her back paw and every once in awhile is limping from it. She came with nothing...no toys, no food, no harness...nothing. But we have all that stuff anyways. She sniffed at the toys last night but didn't play with them. She slept in our bed with us and didn't have any accidents! I took them all out in the middle of the night and she went pee then. :smile: She is so sweet! very gentle, and a little afraid still... she gave me a quick little lick this morning, so I was happy about that...I think she'll be doing really well in no time!! I just pray she doesn't have heartworms. Anyhoo she's completely lovely and everyone gets along..success!!! :yahoo:

Attachments

• Sophie1.jpg
    Sophie1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Sophie2.jpg
    Sophie2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Sophie3.jpg
    Sophie3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Sophie4.jpg
    Sophie4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 73
yay! I am so glad everyone is getting along. I wonder if that was the first time she slept in a bed cuddled with a person. Spoiled her within 12 hours, didn't you! Congrats on your new family member.