OMG we might be getting a dog...tonight

1. I'm not really sure what's going on but apparently DH's cousin wants to get rid of her chihuahua. She was going to give it to some guy who was going to breed her. The dog is less than a year old and has already had a litter of puppies! Dh's mom told him about this and he has been worrying about this dog all day, so finally he asked his mom to call her and see if she had given it away yet...I was on the phone with his mom when he called, so she had to let me go to find out...this all happened in the last half hour. eeeee! I'm scared because I'm not sure how Greta is going to react, she might try to eat her. Maya will be fine. This chi is not potty trained at all *sigh* but I hear she is very sweet and loves to cuddle, she was in a home where they could not give her enough attention and the dad hated her. :sad: So...the plan right now is to foster her until we can find her a good home. Also to spay her once she's a little more comfortable with us and in our home. There will be no more breeding of this pup! Cross your fingers for me that all goes well..I'm nervous. So either tonight, tomorrow, or the next day we should be getting her. I'll upload pics when we get her. :smile:
  2. Oooh, I might take her.
  3. I am so excited for you (and a bit jealous! LOL)

That dog sure is lucky to have someone like you who will care about her!

Can't wait to see pics!!!
  4. Awww, she must be a little sweetie.

Looking forward to pics.
  5. Yay for furbabies! Keep us updated!!
  6. i'm so excited for you!!! you & the hubby are doing a great this for this pup!
  7. Congrats! Please keep us posted with updates and of course PICS!
  8. OMG honey, rescue that poor puppy!!! I am appalled she's less than a year old and has been bred already!! I know a ton of people, myself included who'd take her, have her spayed then spend the rest of her life sitting on handmade pillows!

Keep us updated!
  9. Poor baby! I find it rather inhumane that his cousin would let her breed even before the age of 1! Breeders don't breed their dogs until after 2 years. I hope you get her soon! I can't wait to see the pictures :smile:
  10. You guys are so cute!! hehe We are getting her tonight!! Dh will be picking her up after work, so I won't meet her until around 8:30-9pm. I promise I'll upload pics by tomorrow at the latest! I'm still very nervous, I just hope my two chi's are going to be ok. I've been told that she may not have had any of her shots. :sad: I hope this isn't true! DH's mom told us she was very skinny after giving birth but has gained a little weight. I have no idea what kind of condition she is in, I'm not expecting great.

Sooo I don't know what's going to happen the PLAN is to foster her. Buuuut how could I possibly give her up. Especially after she's in our home and so loved and is all comfy cozy and happy and healthy! and trusts us and of course so in love with us too!:sweatdrop: hahaha

But I've always wanted to be a foster home to dogs...and that means not keeping them or else it won't be possible. 3 is our limit. 2 is already alot, they keep me busy. So fostering a third was the plan, which was not an immediate plan, but a "soon" plan. If i keep this chi, then i don't think I'll be doing that. :/

Anyways, plenty of time to decide, can you tell I'm excited? lol still nervous though...:shame:
  11. Danica, you are SO WONDERFUL for adopting her. Shame on your DH's cousin.
  12. Thank you for saving that poor sweet innocent doggie.
    How's it going? Looking forward to updates and pictures. :heart:
  13. Yay! Congrats and post pics of your new babe!
  14. congrats!!
  15. Aww congrats!! Post pics!! You've done the right thing by saving her life from evil breeding!