OMG, this is the saddest speedy ever!

wow. i'd take the bag to a boutique, explain that it had a careless owner who handed the bag off to you. and that you would like to restore it. they can quote a cost for repairs. i doubt the repairs would cost more than the price of a new speedy 35. good luck!

Well, I dont blame him for the speedy!

Its the pressure, well at least for me, of living in an Asian country where you are looked down upong for using light vachetta vuitton. Dark patina in a way symbolizes class/ "elegance"

wow, really? I've never heard of that! (I'm Asian). I prefer light vachetta and I've never felt "looked down upon" when I carry my bags in Asia. Which part of Asia do you live in?

I think it happens a lot in Japan, and for sure where Im from, Taiwan. I mean I know not all people are judgmental upon that, but there are a good number who are.

I think it happens a lot in Japan, and for sure where Im from, Taiwan. I mean I know not all people are judgmental upon that, but there are a good number who are.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: jesus, I can't believe peopel would judge someone because their bag is not old enough. So what happens to receiving your first speedy for your 18th of something? Does it mean they have to wait couple of year before they can use it? There aren't exactly a lot of vintage patina-ed bags to go around.

Rain? My LV is my rainy day bag, as I don't have to worry about leather getting wet as with my other bags! :wlae:

yeah at first! i remeber being in paris and it started raining, my speedy went right under the umbrella, didn't really cared if i or my boyfriend got wet :P
but my speedy's patina is allready turned darker and i love it now, so i am not THAT afraid of the rain anymore

Next time your friend needs something aged, tell him to tie it to the back of his car and drag it at 80mph. I'm sure that would work better.

LOL!!! What was your friend thinking? Well, maybe you can now take your "new to me" purse back to LV and pay to have the vachetta tab, chads, and handles replaced.... alot cheaper than buying another Speedy.

OMG the story just gets worse and worse!! I completely lost it when I read the part about the dog LMAO. Poor poor speedy. I'd get the vachetta replaced, it will be good as new.