OMG! some counterfeiter on ebay ripped off photos from TPF!

1. i was browsing eBay when a really familiar picture of the dior rebelle caught my attention and then i realised that it was a picture of a thread Jill started of her SA emailing her of pictures of the rebelle (i remember her asking PFers about which colour rebelle to get).

well it seems like that picture of her SA got conveniently stolen by someone on eBay to push their auction for a fake rebelle! :push::wtf:

i've already reported the auction to eBay, but is there more that we could do? that's just really sneaky of the ebayer and it just gives me the creeps that some sneaky member or lurker is roaming about on TPF nicking pictures to promote their fake bags on ebay. :yucky:

as a comparison, here's the thread that Jill started on the rebelle:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/omg-dior-sa-sent-me-these-pics-choc-38492.html

and here's the ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Christian-Dior-Rebel-Tote-Bag-Chocolate-Brown_W0QQitemZ130092896627QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the nerve of some people! :cursing:

2. UGH what a scammer

3. I believe it has happened to some Chanel photos too. :cursing:

4. ooh how i hate those bastards :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: reported him straight away :wlae:

5. I cannot believe that- man, people make are so sneaky

6. OMFG...I feel so.......sniff.......VIolated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh......................................

7. Now I understand why it's so important to put text on your photos. I don't know how to do those really faint "ghost-like" ones. I only know how to do colored text, which takes away from the photo.

Anyway, that is just a lot of nerve!!! Glad you reported it!

8. sadly its not the first time and certainly wont be the last...just keep reporting them, thats what I do.

:cursing:

9. That is just awful. Thank you so much for posting this. I took a bunch of photos off the site, watermarked them and put them back. This is horrible.

10. What a scammer.. SO AWFUL~~ GRR :cursing:

11. Hope ebay takes this down before someone purchase it.

12. omg that sucks! Am just gonna report them !

13. we should all start watermarking our items :sad: It's a sad day when we have to write on our own pictures

14. I've reported him/her too! Oohhhh that pisses me off so much! And I left a message saying I will contact any seller who tries to buy the item letting them know the pictures were stolen from here!

Good job zerodross!

15. To make it "ghost like" you need to change the opacity.

Below is a site, I found which covers PhotoShop.

Watermark Your Photographs - Photography

HTH.