OMG... Rice Crispy Treats sprinkled w/ Pastel M&M's

1. Hey gals, believe it or not this is the first time I've ventured into the kitchen forum.... not much of a cook, but curious now to see if there are any good recipes I can try.

Anyhow, I did a search on rice crispy treats and found nothing soooo.......

I just made a late night batch of the easiest and also one of my favorite sweets, rice crispy treats. Yummy! The best thing about these are.... might seem strange but I have a thing for pastel M&M's. They are my favorite M&M's and I sprinkle a big handful in when I mix the batch and LET-ME-TELL-YOU...........DELICIOUS!!!! A nice surprise bite of chocolate every now and then. In addition to marshmallow, what could be better. Enjoy!

3 tblsp. butter
    6 C Rice Crispies
    4 C Marshmallows or more if you like em xtra gooey like me:p
    M&M's

Melt the butter in a pot. Add marshmallows. When melted, add rice crispies and M&M's, stir untill mixed. Spread into a 9x9 greased pan.
    Let cool a bit. Then have at it!

Cheap, quick and easy, my favorite!:p

2. damn I want some...

3. PASTEL M&M's???!! I want some!!! Why don't they have them in Australia?

4. yummm!

5. Ya know what else is good...making them with the new Strawberry Rice Krispies! And, for added yum...use strawberry marshmallows. Trust me, it is TDF!

6. I love Rice Krispies with Twix bars. Absolutely delicious!

7. Pastel M&M's are sold right now because it's Easter time.
    They are perfect for me because I'm weird in that I don't like red or blue M&M's, something about the food coloring bothers me in an OCD way. lol

I love these... best time to eat them, just like fresh baked cookies, is when they are still warm and gooey. I can't get enough... and the batch I made last night, they're almost gone....:shame: hehe.

8. I love making Rice Krispy treats...you know, if you use a jar of that Kraft marshmallow cream instead of marshmallows, it makes them even softer? They're delicious that way.

9. I love rice crispy treats wrapped in fruit roll ups. It's practically a rice crispy sushi.

10. omg thank u so much for posting this!

lol

my aunt use to make these and i never figured out how.

i will definitely do it!!!

11. i just printed everything out. heee!

12. Lol be sure to let us know how yours turn out! They're super simple and SO yummy. You can add a lot of different pieces of candy to them too...as the OP did, M&M's, Reese's Pieces, etc.

13. Oh, good for you! Love em!

Yes, let us know when you make them and if you add anything else that hasn't been mentioned.

ps. the recipe is on the side of every rice crispy box.

oh yeah, this might not need mentioning, but melt the butter and marshmallows on low heat. My bf made them for us one time and I think he must have had the heat too high and.... well, burned butter, yuk, will ruin the batch. It was nice of him to try.:p No, they really are so easy to make and taste sooooo good.

14. Well done , it's nice when you cook or do something yourself rather than buy it . That achievment feeling is so good.

Normally what i do, is melt chocolate in the pot with some butter and then add abit of that amazingly health crispy rice corn flakes..

By the way , if you add abit of marshmallows, it's then called: The Rocky Road ..

15. here i am back again!

i printed out this recipe when this topic was started..then i lost it.

bout to go grocery today & gonna make some of this !!

:biggrin: