Alexander Wang OMG, new iridescent studs!!!

Forgive me for bumping this old thread, but I did not even know that these bags existed until today :P. Today I saw a picture of an iridescent Rocco or Rockie in the "what handbag are you wearing today" thread and I fell in love :nuts:. Hence my first post in this thread, lol.
I love the hardware, I am only undecided if I like Rocco or Rockie better for me. I never owned an AW bag and of course I am wayyyy too late, since the iridescent bags are from a few years ago and all gone now :facepalm:.
For those who own one, do you still love it now, a few years later? How has it held up?
While I do love the hardware, I also wonder if it won't be too trendy for me. But still...I really have a thing for the iridescent hardware. I think it will brighten up every outfit, but probably looks great in summer as well with a maxi dress for example.

Forgive me for bumping this old thread, but I did not even know that these bags existed until today :P. Today I saw a picture of an iridescent Rocco or Rockie in the "what handbag are you wearing today" thread and I fell in love :nuts:. Hence my first post in this thread, lol.
I love the hardware, I am only undecided if I like Rocco or Rockie better for me. I never owned an AW bag and of course I am wayyyy too late, since the iridescent bags are from a few years ago and all gone now :facepalm:.
For those who own one, do you still love it now, a few years later? How has it held up?
While I do love the hardware, I also wonder if it won't be too trendy for me. But still...I really have a thing for the iridescent hardware. I think it will brighten up every outfit, but probably looks great in summer as well with a maxi dress for example.

I adore my AW bags and don’t care that I’m carrying them years after their heyday [emoji23] I am actually fortunate to own Hermès and Chanel bags, but my favourite bags are still by AW bags! I have owned a number of styles over the years, but the Diego is probably my favourite (I know I’m quite alone in this thinking because many find it awkward to use). After that, it would be the Rockie; It sits perfectly around my hip, so is very comfortable to use, particularly crossbody. And it maintains its shape much better than the Rocco. I never use my Rocco since buying my Rockie. AW bags often pop up on the OUTNET for around 50% off, so I’d definitely keep an eye out there. I hope that helps :o)

I adore my AW bags and don’t care that I’m carrying them years after their heyday [emoji23] I am actually fortunate to own Hermès and Chanel bags, but my favourite bags are still by AW bags! I have owned a number of styles over the years, but the Diego is probably my favourite (I know I’m quite alone in this thinking because many find it awkward to use). After that, it would be the Rockie; It sits perfectly around my hip, so is very comfortable to use, particularly crossbody. And it maintains its shape much better than the Rocco. I never use my Rocco since buying my Rockie. AW bags often pop up on the OUTNET for around 50% off, so I’d definitely keep an eye out there. I hope that helps :o)

Thank you for your reply :flowers:!
Glad to hear you still enjoy your AW bags and that they are actually your favourite :tup:.
I did some research yesterday and I think the Rockie would work best for me. I see a lot of people complaining about the weight of the Rocco, and that the Rockie is much lighter in weight which is a pro for me. I do like the look of the Rocco, but really heavy bags are just not for me. I am planning to wear this bag in the city, during a shopping trip, etc...so I need a bag that is also a bit comfy and not too heavy (have plenty of heavy bags already, don't need another one :P). And crossbody option is great too.
So I think I'll wait and keep my eye out until a iridescent Rockie pops up for a good price. Will keep an eye out on Yoox and the Outnet as well (they do have some AW bags atm), just in case :angel:.

Man, I'm also too late to the rocco/rockie iridescent craze. I recently bought a rocco and LOVE it!! I'm now hoping to hunt down rhodium, black, or iridescent hardware on a black Rocco or Rockie. Hopefully I get lucky and find something soon.

Hmmm....seems like AW has lost its popularity? I'm usually in the Coach forum but have noticed there isn't really any activity going on here lately. I can't seem to find any black bags with iridescent hardware available on the secondhand market. Will it basically be impossible to find a rocco, rockie, or diego in great shape? Should I probably just give up?

Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
Hmmm....seems like AW has lost its popularity? I'm usually in the Coach forum but have noticed there isn't really any activity going on here lately. I can't seem to find any black bags with iridescent hardware available on the secondhand market. Will it basically be impossible to find a rocco, rockie, or diego in great shape? Should I probably just give up?

They’re really hard to find since they were released quite awhile ago. They do pop up here and there though, much less often than before though. Keep your eyes peeled - it took me awhile to find my Rocco. Sometimes they’re not clearly listed properly

They’re really hard to find since they were released quite awhile ago. They do pop up here and there though, much less often than before though. Keep your eyes peeled - it took me awhile to find my Rocco. Sometimes they’re not clearly listed properly
I saved the search for my ebay alerts, hoping I get lucky! I found a few iridescent bags but with white leather. With 3 young kids it would be wrecked in a week lol.

Reactions: pookybear
Hey! Bumping because the iridescent Rockies are my fave (well, very closely tied with the clear lucite studded Rockies), & I think I’ve finally found a secondhand black & iridescent bag to add to my collection. However, I’m questioning the authenticity due to a small detail: the bag in question only has a single zipper.

I have a black iridescent Rocco, which of course has the single zip. But my white iridescent Rockie (which I’m assuming was released around the same time) has the dual zip. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen *any* Rockie with a single zipper!

The bag does have the “wrap around” zip style, but only one zipper. Has anyone ever seen this?? I’m trying not to be too suspicious, cos I’ve also never come across a knockoff Rockie (inspired, yes, direct “replica,” no), but the zipper thing is just so strange to me. . . Any opinions??