OMG- Look at these Fakes- DISCUSSION THREAD.

you know what i think is the real threat here? the designers themselves marketing to kids -- to little girls, such as DB with their tattoo bags (pics of popsicles, bumble bees, etc.), Coach with that overexposed $148 pouchette, and LV with all of the cerises stuff. These kids cant afford that, for the most part. Kids at my middle school did have authentic bags, but I know that my school is very much unlike others in America. The average girl with her Teen Vogue cant afford even the cheapest thing in the mag (maybe some smackers lip balm). So, she buys a fake.. then this continues into adulthood, because, hey, "why pay $500 when I can pay $15?"... and this is their only exposure to "designer" goods... to them, it will never, ever, ever be worth $10,000 (4% of the price of the average American home, or the price of a basic sedan)

I will be honest and say that the bags look real to me, its terrible the way that they cheat people and trick them. I will only buy a bag from Hermes or TPF members.x

It is still safer to go through the authentication process if you are buying from TPF members/resellers. We have had cases of bad resellers coming into the community to exploit the goodfeelings of members for their nefarious activities. Please don't trust anyone automatically just beacuse they are tpf members! :crybaby:

I definitely agree that any buyer should do careful due diligence on any seller--tPF or not.
I think, though, that it is also important to keep an open mind and not assume that just because someone is new to posting on this forum that they don't know what they're talking about and/or haven't been buying, selling, or collecting Hermes bags for longer than plenty of members here have been alive. :P
My advice: Judge for yourself based on the bag, the communication with the seller, and their feedback. And yes, get second opinions. Just remember that there are plenty of people everywhere with hidden agendas, and unfortunately that does also include this forum.

Well, no, I don't think that those people with hidden agendas would admit to them. Do you?

That's why I always make it a point to be absolutely up-front about ALL of my business dealings, even when they are none of anyone else's business. Like my signature says, what you see is what you get. :smile: I have nothing at all to hide, so it's easy!

And I don't even have to be passive-aggressive about anything. I'm quite direct, you see. It just makes life easier.

you know what i think is the real threat here? the designers themselves marketing to kids -- to little girls, such as DB with their tattoo bags (pics of popsicles, bumble bees, etc.), Coach with that overexposed $148 pouchette, and LV with all of the cerises stuff. These kids cant afford that, for the most part. Kids at my middle school did have authentic bags, but I know that my school is very much unlike others in America. The average girl with her Teen Vogue cant afford even the cheapest thing in the mag (maybe some smackers lip balm). So, she buys a fake.. then this continues into adulthood, because, hey, "why pay $500 when I can pay $15?"... and this is their only exposure to "designer" goods... to them, it will never, ever, ever be worth $10,000 (4% of the price of the average American home, or the price of a basic sedan)

Your words ring true its the same over here in England
the young girls are under such huge pressure
The fashion industry must take some responsibility and the media