OMG! Ladies....are my tastes getting OLD???

I often wonder the same thing about myself, but honestly I think as you get older you get more refined and go for the classy styles rather than trendy - nothin wrong with that!

I totally know what you mean, and this HAS happened with clothes and things like that. But...I don't know... I mean when I was younger, I had every color bag and style and never thought about anything other than if I like it. Like, I LOVE the cerise speedy, but can't bring myself to buy one, because I just cannot see myself carrying a bag with cherries all over it.

I think I'm getting more timid in my choices and that can only be due to my age.....my advancing sucky age....

hahah! this sounds exactly like my sister (she's 36).
she's always asking me, "am i too old for this? is it too youthful?". honestly, my answer is always NO! 36 (and 38) are NOT old and you are still young enough to rock colorful, detailed bags! look at madonna! she is nearing her 50's and she's rocking the monogram leopard adele and white mc alma! if she can do it, so can you! :biggrin:

Hi all! Well, with the spring season coming up and all the new bags being released on March 1st, I have started thinking about what craziness I will be getting myself into next. So...I'm going through that Spring 2007 thread for the hundreth time and I start saying to myself...hmm, no, that's to colorful, no that's too loud, no that's got too many rivets... what the hell is happening to me???

I have the white mc trouville for spring/summer and I love it, but again I'm asking myself is it too much? Then I was going to buy a marshmellow vernis bag then thought...I don't know, pink? For me?? And now the only bag I can really see myself comfortably carring is the Ivory Epi. Plain, simple. I NEVER used to be plain and simple!! I was a rebel girl! Against EVERYTHING!! What the heck happened??

Is it that I'm a mom? Or, Dear God, is it my age? I'm 38 now and I can't believe that I'm actually feeling too old or self-conscious to carry these beautiful bags!!

Oh...please, say it's not the age.....:crybaby: :crybaby:

I think becoming a minimalist at ANY age is a great thing! :P

I do find I've become more classic as I've gotten older, but I don't think that's bad. My girls (who are all young) - like very classic things too - they thought the new line was too flashy (they said a lot of the bags looked cheap for LV) - so don't feel bad at all - I don't think it has anything to do with age - some of the new pieces are a little over the top and I've seen a lot of posts where people just aren't feeling them.

So you're not old at all and I totally agree!

There's nothing wrong with you. Maybe it just had to do with the bags. Not many here are liking the spring/summer 07 collections. some are very young, younger than you. imo, you get more use of the ivory epi.

hey, who says simple must be boring?:graucho:

Wisdom...time breeds wisdom. You know what looks good, you've refined your taste and style...you just are....you don't have to rebel to "be."

(I'm almost 35 and I am going to go with what is above!)

I dont think its age...just that you are looking for different things for different times in your life.....as your lifestyle changes...so does your needs....

I know so many ladies that got more colorful as they aged as well......dont worry...just enjoy!!!!:yes:

But the new styles of LV did surprise me ALOT......gold name plates??? Patchwork?? Gold & silver threads on bags??? Pokadots??? then...buttons????? :cursing: