OMG. I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy.

1. Bell's Palsy is a condition which affects the seventh craneal nerve in the brain that controls our facial nerves. Aside from the numbness on the left side of my face, it's really not that annoying. I can't blink automatically either...:crybaby:

Im so scared. Ive never had this happen before. They say it might be stress-related but Im not 100% sure about that.

Anyone have any experience with this? I was told that recuperation time is 2-3 months~!
  2. oooh poor thing. i have never had that specific condition, but i have had stuff that was stress related (such as an inflamed stomach, insane headaches....the list goes on)...I hope you feel better soon:flowers:
  3. Yes, I know my brother-in-law had it and also a friend. Both were males, but I don't think that matters. It is really odd, but once you understand it you realize it is not as horrible as you are thinking. If I am not mistaken it maybe took about two months for it to go away. There was no pain or no major problems along the way. All of a sudden it was gone. Neither of them had it come back again and it has easily been close to 10 years.

You should read up about it, so you can feel more comfortable.

I wish you all the best! You will make it through.
  4. Prayers and wishes for you tex. I don't know anything about this condition but I hope this clears up sooner than the expected time frame.
  5. I have known a couple of people who had this condition. It's my understanding that it is related to shingles and is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox? Both people I knew had some facial paralysis but had recovered completely within a couple of months. I think there are varying degrees of severity. Yours sounds mild and hopefully you can go about your daily routine without much discomfort.:flowers:
  6. It does go away. George Clooney had it is as a child, and he's more than fine now.
  7. ^ haha yes he is

were here to support u in any case hope all goes ok
  8. Not to minimize it at all, but it should go away in the time frame they gave you. I know someone who had it and she recovered in the time you mentioned. In the meantime, best wishes--it must be stressful to be going through this.
  9. I'm sorry to hear this as I'm sure it'll be annoying. My DH's step-mom has it, and I think it only lasted a little over a month.
  10. My Uncle had it last year and I think it went away within 2 months, maybe a little less. I hope you get better soon :flowers:
  11. will be praying for you.. try not to have too much stress... which is stressful by itself but do more fun things so your stress level will go down a bit..
  12. oh no texas!!!!!! I hope you feel better sounds as if it is something that will go away!
  13. I was a medical reporter and did a story on it one time. The man who had it was a television anchor. I can't remember the details.
  14. I had a mild case of it several years ago....went away within 6 weeks and I've not had a problem since. It often occurs in people who've just had a cold, the flu, or a respiratory illness.

It 'usually' goes away without treatment.
  15. I hope you get well!

I will keep you in my prayers!