OMG I need advice quick!

shopmom411 said:
I just have to add that I'm pretty excited....isn't it odd how purchasing something you really love can be such a mood-lifter and a pleasurable thing? Having fewer but quality items wins out every time for me....I don't have much but everything I own will be around for a very long time...just hope my daughter appreciates these things like I do.

I feel the same, actually my younger daughter who is ten is starting to already like chanel. She loves any pink color chanel and already asked me to buy her one - wish it was that easy.

When I got my 2.55 reissue, she was examining it to make sure it was not fake - it's kinda cute. She only knows to look for one or two things, but we have fun with it.

Now, my older daughter she is a different story, and just hoping she will appreciate such things when she gets out of her terrible teen years

Hi, I like your idea of selling the caviar (since you don't use it), and exchanging the small black reissue for the medium. I'm 5'2" and have the large black, and I love it! But I'm on the waitlist for the new medium reissue (w/ silver) so I can use that for evening.

It sounds like the two you own will not get much use, so I would return or sell them. Definitely get the medium re-issue. It's a beautiful bag that can be used day or night.

Selling the caviar is a good way to go--give it another month or two. See if you take her out after the newness and excitement of the medium Reissue wears off a little. :P If you don't--then definitely sell. And your exchange is the best. Small is too small.

Michelle - I completely can commisserate with you! I have a 16-year old girl and though I love her to death, she can try the patience of a saint! Ugh! She's much better now at 16 than she was at 14 though....I REALLY earned that Chanel tote I bought for myself back then I can tell you!

Well, I'm BACK and the medium grey re-issue is MINE! I can't tell you how grateful I am to you guys for all your sage advice...the small black one is back on the shelf at Neiman's waiting for that special someone to snap it up. I'm very happy with the medium...it was the right thing to do for my lifestyle.

BUT

I ALSO bought a Chanel black leather and silver chain link belt (which is going to be shipped to me once they find my size) and then I went across the street to Louis Vuitton (who was quietly calling my name while I was browsing at the make-up counter at Neiman's) and bought a lovely red Epi leather agenda for my NEW BAG!

That's it for now....I've got to pay off the Neiman's credit card before I go back into that store!

Thanks again, everyone! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: