OMG I hope this hasnt happened :(

1. Hi everyone, I ordered an item from eBay, its coming from the US to the UK. I have allready waited 15 days for it and the seller said that the postage costs included customs fees. So Im unhappy that the item has still not arrived so I e-mailed the seller who is very helpful and he gave me a tracking number. Ive just tracked the bag today and got this up:

____________________________________________________________________________

Your item is being processed by customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

So does this mean what I think it does, have I been hit by customs ? :cursing: :sad: I so hope not, Ive been waiting for this forever.

2. I might be wrong, but I think every single package has to go through customs... no? :shrugs:

3. hi

yes it does mean it is held in customs:sad: but it depends what value has been put on the package as to what they will charge you. usually its 17.5% for the vat plus a processing fee of around £18. you would need to check with the sender what value has been placed first

4. oh, I'm so sorry to hear that :sad:

When did the status change to that? How long has it been in customs so far? Here in Germany an item can be in customs for 3-5 days and still get out without having to pay any fees, sometimes they are just slow.

I'm wishing you all the best luck with that :yes:

5. Hiya
    I'm in the same boat as you, item from US to UK, with USPS tracking info getting the same
    "Status: Into Foreign Customs

Your item is being processed by customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Sucks! However, I'm not sure that means that we're gonna be hit by customs for it, the guy I bought it from said he specifically wrote Gift on the custom form, so who knows!
    I'm just waiting now, how long has it been in customs for? Mine has been there since 16/March...

Into Foreign Customs, March 16, 2007, 4:38 pm, GREAT BRITAIN [​IMG] Arrived Abroad, March 16, 2007, 3:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN [​IMG] International Dispatch, March 08, 2007, 5:25 am, MIAMI AMC

6. Hi thanks everyone for your responces. On Friday I checked the tracking number and it said that it had been posted from the US to the UK but now its changed to this. Im so worried...I really dont want to pay anymore out for this. And if it is in customs...I dont get why the seller said to me "the postage includes any customs fees" :confused1:. I hope its not in customs :sad:

7. Hi, mine says the exact same thing. I hope we get them without paying customs :cursing: lol :sweatdrop:

8. lol, I googled the "please check again later" thing and saw people going through the same thing, no mention or having to pay custom fees though *fingers crossed*

9. That may be as much of an update that the USPS can make -- they know it arrived in GB, and customs is the first place it goes. I don't think they can track it further?

10. thanks everyone :flowers:...Fingers Crossed for me and VenetiaWanter :sweatdrop: I will keep you all updated as to what happens

11. I wouldn't worry, sometimes it can take up to a month to be delivered, customs can tie it up as long as they want to.

12. To~date I have only ordered 1 item from the US to me in the UK.

In total. I paid £35.00 for the item (inc shipping).

After about a week, I get a letter from ParcelForce, saying there was an item awaiting delivery in customs, but needed payment first. The total was £37.50????

I paid the money, received the item.

Customs form. Filled out correctly, ticked as gift (which incidentally allows for a larger charge no customs up to £36 for gifts).

There was NO obvious sign of entry into this package, and I am at a loss to understand how customs came to the conclusion that I was due to pay £37.50 for an item which didn't cost that much in the first place.

I am currently waiting for a bigger item from the US, and you can imagine,I am awaiting this with interest.

I am going to appeal against the £37.50, in fact, I need to do that today.

I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen to anyone, but, I wouldn't like to keep my own experience to myself, because it isn't fair of me to do so.

I am wondering whether they are a little more vigilant, because the low $ is making things a bit more tempting than maybe they would be.

13. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately i do think that customs has got a hold of it and you'll be getting a letter from parcelforce indicating the VAT charge (17.5%) and the handling fee (that parcelforce charges for dealing with customs).

It has happened to me twice before when i checked the status and got that message, even though both times, the sellers declared the items as "gifts" and the value to be US$200 (still got taxed and was charged between £24 and £33 pounds for the 2 occassions. kinda odd considering both times, the 2 different sellers declared the value at $200. seems very arbitrary to me, the way they charge the custom fees).

i've noticed that when sellers send it via expressmail (comes with tracking), the items inevitably wind up with customs. but whenever i get a seller to mail it to me via global priority (doesn't come with tracking, unfortunately), the items always escape customs. just a little tip there - although it does get really panicky when an item takes a lot time to come and there's no way to track it.

good luck, i'm crossing my fingers for you that customs wouldn't be charging you. ;)

14. How could the seller say that? They don't even know how much it will be. Apparently they mistakenly thought that going out mail would go through U.S. customs or something?? Anyway you could argue that they agreed to include customs fees so you can send them a paypal invoice, hehe, and see what happens.

15. are u sure she sadi customs not insurance???