OMG I almost had a stroke!

1. Okay, so some of you know I'm heading to Paris at the end of the month and I was looking forward to some serious purchases at LV. So last night I check with the passport agency here in the US to find out why my passport was late and I am told (via a automated message system) that my passport (for which I applied in January and has been told it would be in my hands March 10) was now slated to be here APRIL 18!!!!! :wtf: I need that passport by this Tuesday!

So, I'm calling the toll-free number and another automated system tells me that I have to speak to a customer service rep, and then says, oops, we're busy and HANGS UP ON ME! Not just once, but every time I call. :cursing: :cursing:

So totally ruined the evening for me--can't sleep thinking about the wedding and birthday party I'm going to miss, not to mention the $1000 of non-refundable tickets AND the Louis Vuitton.

So today, I'm up at 4am Pacific time (which is when the East Coast-based passport agency opens, hoping that I'll manage to speak to a real live person, but no. After one hour of constantly redialing, I have to give up. I'm really bummed and after thinking about for a bit I decide to ask my Congresswoman for help (at least I could complain, since the agency knew I needed the passport by March 20th).

But when I talk to one of the Congresswoman's aides, she says, let me check on this, and one hour later, she calls and tells me my passport is on its way to me and I'll have it SATURDAY!!! :yahoo:

Her name is Rachel and she totally saved me. I was sooo bummed about missing the family events and of course the LV shopping spree.

So all's well that ends well, but I swear I aged a couple of years from the worry (especially thinking about my DH all alone in Paris:p )

2. OMG I'm so happy this worked out for you that is some serious drama

3. Great...

4. The same thing happened to me last year. I called and found out the Passport Bureau was behind in this processing. They had to overnight me the passport at no extra cost to me, but it was really stressful! Please enjoy your trip and be sure to post pictures with your new LV when you return home.

5. I'm glad everything worked out! :yahoo:

6. Anne 01--You actually got to speak with a real person when you called!!?? That was the most stressful part of this--that I could not reach someone to explain my problem. Once Rachel did, it eas taken care of, ASAP. Now my biggest worry is how to get all that LV home :sneaky:

7. I hope you have a great trip and don't forget to show us pics of all your new LV:graucho: .

8. Woo, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I would have been so worried, as well. I just saw a spot on the news a few days ago saying that there are so many delays in processing passports due to an inundation of applications in the last couple of months.

9. If something like this ever happens again...you can go to a passport office...with your itenerary...and they will issue you one on the spot. Don't know all of the locations...just Houston and New Orleans. You have to be traveling soon though.

10. I glad everything worked out.

11. I'm going to England in July- I better get that passport applied for ASAP!:smile:

12. Way to be resourceful! Very clever! And Rachel saved your trip! Have you thought about sending a thank you note? (shouldn't send gifts to government workers but a sincere thanks really feels good!)

13. Glad it worked out for you, have a great trip :smile:

14. that's great, reminds me to renew my passport...LOL.

15. Good for you everything is working out! I probably be biting my nails and throwing a tantrum.