OMG! Birkin/kelly Insurance

1. :shocked: I am wondering how many of you insured your Hermes bags... I called home insurance company. Home insurance is going to cover on only for if they were gone because house was on fire or something... If I want additional coverage for stolen/ lost or damage, I should buy another policy just for the bags. My two ostrich Birkins will cost $508/year:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: !!! Is it worth buying it? I am scared of loss or damage... But $508/year for both ostrich Birkins? In ten years, I can buy another kelly with that money. I don't know... What should I do? Any better options? PLEASE!
  2. Try another ins. Company. Mine will insure anything that is on your person and lost or stolen, up to 10% of the total amount covered for your personal property (which is substantial.) That would cover any bag/s I'd happen to be carrying or traveling with. I only have separate policies for my jewelry.
  3. Thank you Greentea!
  4. Greentea, which insurance company do you use? I called around insurance company, and all of them ask for additional payment of few hundred dollars...
  5. You should have insurance to cover the value of all your belongings. Just include the value of your purse in that total. Then keep your receipt. I actually had Hermes write an appraisal letter I put in my file.
  6. Aspen, I pm'd you. :smile:

The one thing with not having a separate policy for your bags and using the Personal Property section of your home insurance, is that you do have to pay a deductable for each claim. But, considering the cost of a new Birkin or Kelly, it's not that much and would turn out to be less than paying for a sep. policy after a few years.
  7. I have been thinking about this issue ever since I bought my kelly and now that I have prchased this other bag...I think I might need to consider getting it.