OMG - 4 and 1/2 weeks 'til due and have nothing! HELP!

1. Alright, this poor child is suffering from my "second time mom" syndrome big time and now I'm starting to panic. Between working FT, tons of work on the house just being finished up, and major family obligations, I am completely NOT PREPPED for this child! I am due 11/1, am definitely having Braxton Hicks contractions and have a feeling I could go early (of course, I said that with my 1st one and she was 5 days late), so I'm putting a call out for help!

I can't set up the baby's room yet- we just did renovations and our closets won't be completed until 10/16 so in the meantime, all of our and dd's clothes are in what will be the baby's room, but that's not my biggest concern (we have dd's crib and a cradle so at least this kid has somewhere to sleep if she does show early). I'm just starting to freak out over what basics I need since we're starting over for the most part (dd is 5 and most of her baby stuff is long gone). We do have dd's infant car seat which dh will use since he will only rarely have the baby and it appears to meet all current safety standards. I'm getting a new carseat for my car (would love suggestions if you have them), but I'd love some help figuring out the other bare necessities I need to get.

So far, the list I've compiled includes (and I know I'm forgetting to list some things I already have on it since it's from memory and not in front of me at the moment):

carseat (suggestions for good portable one?)
    snap and go stroller as I didn't love the travel system I had for dd and other friends have strollers I can use once baby is bigger
    baby carrier (suggestions on one for someone who plans to do a lot of walking? As I recall, the Baby Bjorn hurt my back after a while w/dd)
    bottles (I am bottle feeding) - someone suggested the ones with liners so there was not as much maintenance/cleaning/disinfecting involved
    drain board for bottle parts
    blankets/cloth diapers/regular diapers, etc.
    baby wash
    baby tub

I do have a bottle warmer, baby monitor, pack and play, bouncy seat, swing, baby bobby activity thing and tons of clothes, but what necessities am I forgetting? I know eventually I need all the baby proofing stuff, but will tackle that AFTER she's here since we have a bit of time between when she's first born and when she's mobile and I have a friend who is really good at that stuff slated to come over and help me with that once the baby is born.

Any suggestions on brands or particular equipment is greatly welcomed too!

2. carseat (suggestions for good portable one?) GRACO SNUGRIDE
    snap and go stroller as I didn't love the travel system I had for dd and other friends have strollers I can use once baby is bigger GRACO SNUGRIDER - I am assuming you mean a stroller where you just snap the car seat in)
    baby carrier (suggestions on one for someone who plans to do a lot of walking? As I recall, the Baby Bjorn hurt my back after a while w/dd) ERGO - great for the back
    bottles (I am bottle feeding) - someone suggested the ones with liners so there was not as much maintenance/cleaning/disinfecting involved Playtex Drop-ins

This is based on a lot of my dear mommy friends' reviews.

GOOD LUCK!

3. Thanks AuthenticLux!

4. Well we bought the Graco car seat, but with the "safe-seat" base that's rated to 30 lbs. We also bought the snap and go stroller that is just a frame, not a travel system, because I can't even lift the car seat very well, let alone a huge stroller. I have ordered the bumGenius 2.0 One-size cloth diapers from www.cottonbabies.com. That's pretty much as far as I've gotten!!!!

5. Thanks Sanguar! I want the snap and go stroller too b/c the travel system was just too unweilding!

6. The Bugaboo is adorable! I am seeing more and more of the Bugaboo Cameleon out on the streets. You may already know this, you can get a 10% discount on the Bugaboo and accessories from The Right Start. Well it's not a straight 10% off - create a baby registry, and they give you 10% in store credits from any purchases made off of your registry, either by you or your friends and family. Check out the details on their website. It helps given how expensive the Bugaboo is! I was told retailers are not allowed to give discounts on Bugaboo, store credits is a way around that rule.

7. We have Baby trend flex lock car seat for dd. It got the top safety rating by consumer reports. I also bought the baby trend snap and go stroller. It's pretty much universal and fits several car seats besides the baby trend.

We use the infantino(sp?) sling from target to carry around dd in.

Good luck!!

8. Maxi Cosi is a recommended portable carseat...it has a strong yet comfortable structure for your baby...Also, you can just snap it into the Quinny Zapp stroller, which is a great snap and go stroller. It is lightweight and has smooth steering...I personally love it!

Good luck Willowsmom!

9. Maclaren rocks! Good luck with the baby, looks like you have all the basics covered:smile:

10. Thanks for the advice everyone!

11. I'm not far enough along to be on top of things for recommendations (early 2nd trimester) so am just reading and learning. I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't feel too bad -- you can pull things together really quickly. I have really close friends who are Jewish and were very traditional when she was pregnant. They adhered very closely to the belief that it's bad luck to buy anything before the baby is born. Literally bought nothing (no diapers, no onesies, no car seat to bring the baby home from hospital, nothing) and had no shower. So while my friend was in the hospital after the birth, her sister and DH (when he wasn't with her & new baby) were out with the shopping list getting everything. They were able to pull it all together very quickly, so you've got plenty of time!