Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 30 minutes:
HPIM0348.jpg

Will post again if any color changes occur. This shot looks lighter then it really is. The flash makes it lighter. It is a good three-four shades darker then when I started.
Selena

I am going to do a second application soon. I am loving it sooo much.
Looks 100% better. I am going to carry the crap out of it now! Its been sitting for weeks!
Cristina let me know how yours turns out.
Selena

I just did a second application!!! I cant believe i didnt do this sooner!!!
I am sooo happy! This is the best Memorial Day ever....who needs burgers and hotdogs when you can have an instant patina!!!!

Selena

Did you guys do inside?? like the leather tabs and D ring??

(I am crazy)....I just did the experiment for water marks..I put tiny bit of water on the leather tab behind the pocket. It didn't leave water marks. It's after couple of time applying plus when the oil has been set.

bagsnbags said:
I did it about 3 years ago, my first experiment was with my speedy 25..
I didn't tell anybody because I read oil is big no..no..but oh well...

I didnt do the inside. Not a priority for me. I dont really care about the inside and I dont want the bag to smell like EVOO. How has it held up over the past three years. Did it make it get to dark after time or does it make it prone to get dirtier?
Selena

My Speedy is looking very nice :graucho: At first I was :shocked: because it looked blotchy, but as I rubbed it more and distributed the oil evenly, it started darkening nicely. I'm going to do a second application later, I'm letting it sit right now. I did everything... the handles, leather tabs, zipper pull and the leather piping around the sides. I used a soft washcloth, and a small amount of olive oil.

Cristina said:
My Speedy is looking very nice :graucho: At first I was :shocked: because it looked blotchy, but as I rubbed it more and distributed the oil evenly, it started darkening nicely. I'm going to do a second application later, I'm letting it sit right now. I did everything... the handles, leather tabs, zipper pull and the leather piping around the sides. I used a soft washcloth, and a small amount of olive oil.

Its great isnt it? How many shades darker is it Cristina?? I didnt do the piping yet. I am going to do that later. Mine is really nice and dark now! Its like the patinaed ones I used to ENVY bigtime!!

Selena

Selena said:
Its great isnt it? How many shades darker is it Cristina?? I didnt do the piping yet. I am going to do that later. Mine is really nice and dark now! Its like the patinaed ones I used to ENVY bigtime!!

Selena

I'd say it's a good 3 shades darker? The tabs came out a bit darker than the handles, so I'm not going to do them on the second application, only the handles. I am loving the way it looks. I'll have to post before and afters, I'll do that after I apply the second coat :cool:

ahhh i did it to my speedy.

it is looking so fine, i used a Q-tip to do the left and right side lininig thingy, i need to redo my handles and then tan the bag agaisnt the sun and then ill post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.