Older men, what's your limit?

1. How old is too old, in your opinions?

I always seem to find myself in situations in which I have close friendships with men who are just a bit too different in age for me, otherwise I'd consider dating them.

I guess I've always felt like 20 years is the max difference. When I was 25, I'd date men up to about 45. Now that I'm almost 35, 55 seems like a good cut off.

What do you think?
  2. I'm 23 and I can't imagine dating a guy older than 30. I don't really know any men older than 30 anyways.
  3. I really don't have an age limit, I believe it depends on the individual, their maturity level, their energy level & a bit on their appearance as in do they look like they are 60 when they are 45. I have always dated older men usually about 10 years my difference as I find that men my age really don't have their :censor: together.
  4. usually i would say up to 10-15 years older then me but when i fall in love age won´t matter. but the guys i am interested in are usually in that bracked i stated above anyway
  5. I think my circle is 7 years back and forwards, although you never know.
  6. my bf is 8 yrs older.. i guess that is my limit.. hehe
  7. I think it all depends( whether older or younger) if you have things in common. Whether its sports, hobbies, work, lifestyle you need thing to get you started and keep you going. Having the same morals, and outlook on life, and goals help too. Also looks play a part, if he is 55 and looks 60 and doent do much but want to relax and travel, that is too old imo. If he's 55 and outgoing, wants to do things with you, and is out going then it works.

8. I don't know. I think maybe 5-7 would be the limit. I've never dated anyone more than 2 years older though. Maybe if the right one comes along..
  9. I think it depends on the people involved, you can have a 25 year old mature person dating a 30 year immature person. Having said that, had always geared myself more towards men that were 5 or 10 years older than myself before i married. :heart:
  10. i would never put an age limit just because you will never know who you are going to meet at any age! who knows? life will shock you.
  11. I completely agree. Age is just a number - it depends on the person.
  12. The oldest I've ever gone is 11 years older and that ended up feeling a little weird - I was 22 and he was 33, we were in very different places in our lives. But I think older could work, it just depends on what you both want out of the relationship and life more generally.
  13. Thanks for the opinions!

Just to clarify -- I haven't actually dated anyone twenty years older than myself...but that always seemed like the absolute max to me. At this point I feel like I could date someone in their early fifties. Most of you seem to be aiming for guys a little closer in age.

I usually just think that age doesn't matter if you are in love -- but once you reach a certain point it does start to feel a bit wierd. Imagine if you were dating someone your grandfather's age....
  14. When she was 28 my friend started to date and eventually married a man who was 17 years older than she was. Now, she is 45 and he is 62, and she confidentially tells me she is now worried about him growing older and needing her to take care of him. So, when you are younger it might be fun, but when you get older, dang, reality!
  15. I say 10 yrs max. I'm with someone 8 yrs older and it's great. I've never dated someone younger. I guess I shouldn't say never considering it may happen one day. Personally I prefer older I just get along better with older crowd than younger. I do find younger r very immature in their ways. U never know some of the young ones might shock u.