Old Movies

1. Do you love old movies? In black and White?

I have a really nice one for you...It is called MARTY. It is a love story and just very simple and sweet. It is a nice watch...when movies were simple, kind, and sweet. Enjoy it.

2. There are few older movies I like in black and white. The one I think of is Imitation of Life (1934) that's about it. Oh and the Heiress, I love that one with the Scarlett's sister from Gone with the Wind.

3. I love old movies. The ones from the 30s and the 40s are some of my favorite movies.

4. Roman Holiday is my all time favorite black and white movie. I can watch it over and over again.

5. ooooh love them! roman holiday, all about eve, casablanca, some like it hot, its a wonderful life...

they just don't make them like they used to. and now i sound 70. :biggrin:

6. Oooh, I love It's a Wonderful Life. It's not Christmas to me unless I watch that movie.

7. some good films being mentioned here....
    roman holiday - all time classic...
    and for the british amongst us then it has to be saturday night, sunday morning

8. I can watch "Some Like It Hot" over and over again!!! LOVE IT!!!

9. I love old screwball comedies and film noir. My favorite screwballs amongst many are "Bringing Up Baby" and "His Girl Friday" and noirs are "Double Indemnity" and "Touch of Evil." There are so so so many great old movies. I love that actors/actresses were beautiful and fashionable in such a different way back then than what's considered glamorous today.

10. YES! LOOOOVE them. My all time fave is Philadelphia Story with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant. I love anything with Cary Grant in it! Some other faves:
    Grapes of Wrath
    Mildred Pierce
    All About Eve
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    The Road Movies w/Bing Crosby and Bob Hope
    Double Indemnity
    The Misfits

oh there are so many. love the Gene Kelly musicals too....

11. I love old movies. "The Bishop's Wife", "Harvey", and any of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies. They're so much fun to watch and like chinchillamoose, I love the glamor of the celebrities t hen.

12. "How to Steal a Million" - old movie, can't remember if it was in black and white. Starring Audrey Heyburn & Peter O'Toole, my two favourite actors.

Loved Gary Cooper in "Mr Deeds Goes to Town".

13. I looove All About Eve!
    even though its not black and white....I watched Gone with the Wind for the first time EVER yesterday and I really liked it. Then I watched the making of, afterwards.

14. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"-the original, and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" are two of my all time favs

15. I prefer old movies to some of the newer ones.

I adore anything with Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Doris Day, Clifton Webb, Lana Turner, Natalie Wood...

Breakfast At Tiffanys
    Love in the Afternoon
    This Property Has Been Condemned
    Laura
    Three Coins in the Fountain
    Madame X

the list goes on and on...