Old Chanel Care Booklets

1. Ladies, this is what happens when one should be a) studying or b) looking for a new job -- one reads older Chanel care booklets in secondhand purses! And guess what! A few of them are crappy fakes with misspellings and missing words in french and english.

The top booklet in photo 1 and the booklet on the right in photo 2 is the only genuine Chanel care booklet.

Am I the only one who enjoys procrastinating as long as it involves Chanel? :p

booklets 001.jpg booklets 002.jpg
  2. Another pic. Again, the only genuine booklet is the one on the right. Don't know if you can the misspelling of miscellaneous on the bottom one. ICK!

booklets 003.jpg
  3. Time well spent. :yes: I've done far less useful things, and I'm a great procrastinator!

4. That's so interesting! Where did you get them?

5. LOL! That's what you called... Out of boredom! Hehe! Great playing in Spot the difference! :biggrin:

6. Thanks for sharing!!

7. Really interesting. Where did you get the fake one's from?

8. Impressive :p:p

9. That's too funny- MICELLANEOUS!

10. Ladies - thank for indulging me and my boredom antics. I got the care booklets from vintage bags I bought off eBay or from consignment stores. Since I don't plan to resell the bags I don't keep the booklets, only the authenticity card. But I had never read them until now!

What I have done if I question a bag, I take it to Chanel for cleaning. For $150, I have piece of mind the bag is authentic but the care booklet was not. I just add the cleaning to cost of the bag. Still great prices for authentic chanel.

In case you're wondering, I've bought 1 bag that Chanel refused to clean. The seller took it back while protesting it was authentic. Yeah right ...

11. Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
    I'm sure a lot of people will check their booklets extra carefully now.

12. wow i just read this and yuppp 2 of my vintage books r fake with typos and errors!! lol

13. i know this an old thread but just wanted to post something my friend pointed out in her care booklet..first pic..if you read the last paragraph the end of the booklets sentence isnt finished and when u turn over the page its a completely new sentence..not finishing off the last one.

bag 1.jpg bag 2.jpg
  14. i know this an old thread but just wanted to post something my friend pointed out in her care booklet..first pic..if you read the last paragraph the end of the booklets sentence isnt finished and when u turn over the page its a completely new sentence..not finishing off the last one...if u cant read it(because of my crappy blackberry camera) its says ..."Do not attempt to repair more serious damage. Consult a CHANEL Boutique or a good leather"

bag 1.jpg bag 2.jpg
  15. Interesting read. OP thanks for this. I am totally willing to enable you to avoid your studying or other forms of procrastination! This is a very different version to my exam procrastination which sometimes stooped as low as over cleaning the oven or the dark recesses of the car boot.

As a former editor, this is one document I'd hate to have sign off over!
    Mine is in 3 languages. French, English and Japanese.

I can see minor typos in the English and Japanese. I can also see order differences between the paragraphs in the Japanese and English versions (specifically the talcum powder reference).

I think mainly what we can see is corrected reprints when small errors were discovered. This makes sense when I notice that mine has a correction on the paragraph about "... the care which it deserves... rather than "... the care which it deserved... "(now then, who's been a naughty handbag and no longer deserves care).

Mine still has the misspelling of Micellaneous. Cute.

It looks like it was edited by native speakers from each of the languages but possibly not a consistency check by a final technical editor who was fluent in all 3.

I also notice a missing space on the Miscellaneous page between the 2 sentences about colour migration (note I am using Brittish English spelling here as opposed to American English spelling) "...dark-coloured materials.Over time, a phenomenon..."

There are no other spelling mistakes in the English in my book. I can't vouch for the Japanese or the French as I do not have top level proficiency in either.

So, all in all, I think we are just seeing typos that were progressively corrected. Deliberate fakes, particularly those made by people scamming in a second language are usually far funnier to read.

Can you all please take a look at your books and find a perfect version? Those of you who are fluent in French and or Japanese, could you help please?

Just my view. Hope it doesn't upset anyone.

Oh, and I'd love to know the end of the sentence about "... a good leather" too.