Okay.. PANIC.. aqua city is here, but seems veiny and dry

your aqua city is a bit more veiny than other aqua pics i've seen but beautiful still. if you're not happy with it, you should exchange it for another. :yes:

Okay, it's going back. On top of the dryness and veins I just found a pin mark dot on the front! What does Balny do when something is wrong w/ the bag? Do they send you a new one and pay the shipping or do you have to pay the shipping? Annoying.

Okay, it's going back. On top of the dryness and veins I just found a pin mark dot on the front! What does Balny do when something is wrong w/ the bag? Do they send you a new one and pay the shipping or do you have to pay the shipping? Annoying.

Shasta, when you decided to order from Balny did you ask them to send you photos? I know Kim (the SA I worked with) told me that they had 2 really supple, thick, non-veiny Aquas in stock. I snagged one so I think there should still be 1 left. I was really worried about buying a bag totally unseen so I insisted on seeing photos and she was really accommodating.

From what I was told you pay for the return shipping to the store but the shipping back to you is free. But yeah, I think you lose out on the shipping to Balny. I know some of the ladies here have dealt with exchanges before so I'm sure they can help.

AWE!:crybaby: I'm sorry you don't like it! It does look more veiny (and I like distressed bags) but it has more whitish veins than distressing. Do you know if they have another one that you can see before you exchange it?

See, the veins don't bother me. To me they add more dimensions to the bag. My French Blue started off that way - I thought it was a bit dry but with a couple days worth of use the leather became much softer and the drape is just amazing.

However, if you're not happy with the bag then it does need to go back.

Shasta, pop that one in the box and send it back - I can tell by the number of pictures and the amount of detail you tried to show that you're just not fabulously happy with it - explain to your SA what you don't like and you'll get another!

It's partly the veins and partly the resulting very-mottled look I think you're reacting to - they are not all as variegated and some people like the more variegated look - but it's one of those things a person probably would gravitate to in person.

Let us know what you decide. So sorry - I know you were very excited. You'll get to be very excited again though! Two excitements for the price of one!

Shasta, pop that one in the box and send it back - I can tell by the number of pictures and the amount of detail you tried to show that you're just not fabulously happy with it - explain to your SA what you don't like and you'll get another!

It's partly the veins and partly the resulting very-mottled look I think you're reacting to - they are not all as variegated and some people like the more variegated look - but it's one of those things a person probably would gravitate to in person.

Let us know what you decide. So sorry - I know you were very excited. You'll get to be very excited again though! Two excitements for the price of one!

Have you posted pics wearing you aqua day? I am getting antsy for a day ! If I can't get the aqua I wanted, what do I exchange for Sandstone? Remember that I allready have truffle. This whole thing is annoying. Good advice everyone.

Have you posted pics wearing you aqua day? I am getting antsy for a day ! If I can't get the aqua I wanted, what do I exchange for Sandstone? Remember that I allready have truffle. This whole thing is annoying. Good advice everyone.
:confused1:
Maybe you could make sure they have a Aqua to exchange it with before you send it in. Unfortunately, the pen mark makes it different than if dryness were the only problem. If you decide to keep it and moisturize it, if you like the smell of Bal leather you might want to stay away from LMB products. They are good products but have a very strong odor, not bad, but strong. I use Cetaphil Cream and Glysomed Handcream. A combo of both or alone, a little goes a long way, they are quickly absorbed, and both are odorless. Below is before and after photos of a very dry Teal City I treated. The texture of the bag was still there, and it did not end up looking too smooth or plastic like after being moisturized.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
:heart:

Picture2433.jpg

Picture2436.jpg

Picture2440.jpg