Okay, I have to ask...

I do not think it is just Balenciaga. I have had more than usual zero feedback people bidding and contacting me on auctions in general - oh, and not paying when they win, too. i don't know what it is, but it's been creeping me out a little.

Honestly, (and no offense to all y'all great pF sellers!) I sometimes get bummed when sellers require 10 feedback or less. Especially when it's something which I really, truly want!

I totally understand where the sellers are coming from, especially for high priced items. But at the same time, what about those buyers who just got started on eBay? It's so hard to convince sellers that we're genuine buyers, and more often than not, we get passed over or miss a great deal cos of the time lapse between sending an email to check if the seller would consider selling to us anyway. :crybaby:

Sorry to be so whiny, but I just thought I'd say something on behalf of everyone else in the same position as I am. Then again, I could be the only pathetic one in the pF with an equally sad feedback status...:sad:

*hides in a corner*

Nymph said:
Honestly, (and no offense to all y'all great pF sellers!) I sometimes get bummed when sellers require 10 feedback or less. Especially when it's something which I really, truly want!

I totally understand where the sellers are coming from, especially for high priced items. But at the same time, what about those buyers who just got started on eBay? It's so hard to convince sellers that we're genuine buyers, and more often than not, we get passed over or miss a great deal cos of the time lapse between sending an email to check if the seller would consider selling to us anyway. :crybaby:

Sorry to be so whiny, but I just thought I'd say something on behalf of everyone else in the same position as I am. Then again, I could be the only pathetic one in the pF with an equally sad feedback status...:sad:

*hides in a corner*

alot of times when someone has less than 10 feedbacks....the user just asks to send them a private message to let them know that you want to bid.It's usually not a big deal. But what I was pointing out is that there's more than usual zero feedback bidders around ebay these days.And it seems that everytime you bid...they bid alittle higher and so forth.Sometimes the price goes up so fast....that I get suspicious and I give up the auction.:sad:

hellosunshine said:
alot of times when someone has less than 10 feedbacks....the user just asks to send them a private message to let them know that you want to bid.It's usually not a big deal. But what I was pointing out is that there's more than usual zero feedback bidders around ebay these days.And it seems that everytime you bid...they bid alittle higher and so forth.Sometimes the price goes up so fast....that I get suspicious and I give up the auction.:sad:

My bad!

Never meant to hijack ya thread :flowers:

Unfortch, I don't get to spend enough time on eBay, so I haven't noticed the trend you brought up. I hope things get better though, so that peeps like you get a decent chance at something you're looking to buy. :yes:

hellosunshine said:

I agree! I noticed that too, and was wondering about it. There are definitely a handful of zero FB bidders that show up on Bbag auctions, usually ones that have a low start. I think I figured they were new to Bbags and coincidentally new to Ebay, as well (one leading to the other, I guess). I think it makes sellers nervous tho. I recently ended up with a bag when the seller got nervous about the zero FB bidding, and since I had contacted her privately to inquire about the bag (but had not bid), she asked if I wanted to make an offer! I did, she accepted, ended the auction early and sold it to me off ebay!

mocean said:
that is what shill bidding is...

note: I have no proof of any of this, I'm just getting all comfy on the grassy knoll over here.

tPF picnic on that grassy knoll!

I just did some selling on ebay, and had a few newbies asking question after question. Some are just nervous and inexperienced. But others are definitely shill-bidding. so many nice BBags with too many newbies, it isn't a coincidence.:s

pointie said:
tPF picnic on that grassy knoll!

I just did some selling on ebay, and had a few newbies asking question after question. Some are just nervous and inexperienced. But others are definitely shill-bidding. so many nice BBags with too many newbies, it isn't a coincidence.:s

but why would they shill bid on your bag? usually shill bidding is set up by the seller.

I noticed a lot of shill bidding this week.
A LOT.
I love when there's a ton of shill bidding and then the bag is relisted with claims that there was a "Non-Paying Bidder"

winona77 said:
I noticed a lot of shill bidding this week.
A LOT.
I love when there's a ton of shill bidding and then the bag is relisted with claims that there was a "Non-Paying Bidder"

Sorry for being dumb, winona, but I totally don't get it...:confused1: You mean the seller set up shill bidders, and then they turned out to be only ones that bid?

shill bidding is when the seller sets up fake accounts and then bids up their own auctions with those fake accounts. then if the shill bidder account WINS- the seller will then relist the bag saying there is a non-paying bidder.

I wonder if it's an end run at stealing the auction in some way since that's been very prevalent lately too...and of course, who knows what they plan to do with the seller's name and address if it is something as ominous as what I hope it's not!

mocean said:
shill bidding is when the seller sets up fake accounts and then bids up their own auctions with those fake accounts. then if the shill bidder account WINS- the seller will then relist the bag saying there is a non-paying bidder.

that's so shady! I can never do something like that...it's too dishonest! I can't even comprehend it.But it's no surprise that the seller actually ends up winning...I mean usually they drive the price WAY WAY up!

zeke said:
but why would they shill bid on your bag? usually shill bidding is set up by the seller.

No, I was just trying to point out that there are lots of newbies who are NOT shillers in the multitudes of new zero-feedback types. It's hard to know who is for real and who is shilling and who is just buying to flip the item for a higher price.