OK, my goal is to lose as much weight as possible in 2 months...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What do you recommend? I've heard several suggestions, but I'm curious to know what you've tried or heard works well. I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds...

2. Best advice is to aim to lose 2lb per week, anything else is unhealthy. 20lb in 2 months is extreme.

3. ^I agree. It's possible but I think you're setting yourself up for failure. Losing more than 2 pounds per week is unhealthy and dangerous. Plus, when you lose a lot of weight like that in a really short time you are more likely to put it all (plus more) back on. Do you realize that in order to lose 2 pounds per week you'll have to either cut or burn 1000 calories per day? It would be nearly impossible to do that without losing muscle and you need to keep those precious muscles!

Do you already have a healthy diet? If not, cut out the garbage that you don't need like soda, candy, fast food, chips, etc. Just cutting those things will make a world of difference.

As for working out, I have found that alternating cardio workouts and weight training works the best to lose some fat and get toned up. I lift weights on M,W,F, do cardio on T,Th,Sat and rest on Sunday.

Good luck!

4. WHy are you doing this? It is possible, but not recommendable unless it's for a special event? You'll proabaly gain a little bit after the period and then you could try to loose more in a healthier and more permanent way.

5. This is an unhealthy weight loss, according to what most Drs and nutritionists recommend, hence it is not allowed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.