OK Crunch time!! HELP :)

1. :p OK thanks to the fact that I have read TONS of your informative posts, I have narrowed my next LV down between the Damier Saleya GM (the big one:yes: ) and the Chelsea....but now I need help because I cannot decide between the two!

I have found only 1 downside to each bag (for me, anyway).

I am afraid that the straps on the Chelsea look almost plastic-y.

And I am not sure if I love the zipper on the front of the Saleya GM.

Also, I am still alittle in love with the Damier Speedy 30, but I already have a mono Speedy 35, so I feel that the Speedy would not be the most "practical" choice (whatever that means, LOL). :angel:

Any opinions would be GREATLY appeciated! I think that my fiancee is getting tired of the Saleya vs. Chelsea discussion!!:lol:

2. I'd go for the Chelsea..I like the looks of it better and the straps look more comfortable than that of the Saleya. Have you looked at it in person? IMO, the straps don't look plasticky but you might need to see it in person if you haven't already..sometimes the eluxury pictures distort details a bit.

3. I love the Saleya GM! I love the zipper on the outside of the bag... That's what makes it so striking to me. Boy, if I didn't have a Cabas Alto that is my workhorse I'd sure have the Saleya GM.... I still might have to break down and get that bag one day. Preferably pre-owned.

4. I love the Saleya PM, but the bigger sizes don't appeal to me. The Chelsea is gorgeous, but as you said, the handles... I don't like them, they look so... yes, somehow cheap :shame:
    I'd go for the Speedy :yes: but if you need a shoulder bag and like the look of the Saleya, go for it!

5. I have had both bags. I sold the chelsea and kept the saleya gm. The chelsea handles are very stiff and not as comfortable as the saleya's rolled handles. That being said, the chelsea is a more formal, businessy bag than the saleya IMO. I used it as a kind of briefcase. The saleya is more casual. And because it is less structured, I find the saleya easier to carry.

6. I recommend the Chelsea, it's absolutely gorgeous!

7. Of the two, I would prefer the Saleya (I like the MM size). I had been in love with the Chelsea from pics, and ordered one, but when it came I didn't like the handles. For one thing, they always stick up. They're not like the handles on the Batignolles or Cabas lines, where the handles can swing down on the side of the bag when not in use. The worst thing for me was that since the Chelsea handles are adjustable, the bottoms of the handles were dangling loose and not connected to the bag by hardware. Does this make sense? Besides not liking that look, I could see how those could get caught on stuff (such as getting it in and out of a tight space in your car). Other than the handles, I love the Chelsea, but I sent it back.

8. Thanks for all of the advice and input,ladies! I *think* that I am leaning towards the Saleya...

9. Either way, you'll be happy! Go with your instincts!!!

10. LOL Thanks Mr Posh Spice:smile:

11. :yes: totally agree - they're both great bags!!! good luck on what you decide! :flowers:

12. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Saleya GM.

13. I LOVE THE CHELSEA, THE HANDLES DO NOT LOOK PLASTIC TO ME.
    i LOVE THE SHAPE AND IT HOLDS MUCH-GREAT FOR A CARRYON AN AS A WORK BAG.
    i JUST DON'T LIKE THE TRAPAZOID SHAPE OD THE SALEYA, TOO MUCH LIKE A LONGCHAMP BAG WHICH I NEVER DID LIKE.
    HOWEVER MANY PURSERS DO LOVE THE SALEYA YOU PROBABLY NEED TO TRY THEM ON AND DECIDE.

14. I like the look of the Saleya better.:heart: