Ok, anyone work in a funeral home?

1. I realize chances are nobody does, But I just got a interview for my dream job tomorrow morning and I'm looking for some tips. I worked as a student in one years ago, but this time it's for reals and I'm nervous! Anyone!:s

2. i don't, but used to want to as a teen....if i could find a training program in my area, i might look at it more. jane magazine did a feature about the booming female funeral director business a couple months ago (i think the issue with jessica simpson on the cover). apparently it used to be a boys club and it's now nearly 50/50. made it sound like a very cool profession if you have the stomach for it.

3. i forgot to say good luck on your interview! i hope you get your dream job!

4. Good luck if this is your dream job but sorry way too depressing for me. On the other hand perhaps it would desensitize me to death & that would be a very good thing, my biggest fear!

5. Thanks guys:smile:
    This is what I have wanted to do for years, and the times never been right with having young kids and a hubby who works out of town sometimes. Where I live it still is kinda a old boys club and this home has never had a woman work for them even though the other two have for about 10 years now, back when I did my work experence at one. So hopefully I can bring this one into a new era, and being the fashion obsessed person I am, all I can think about is the beautifully cut suits, scarfs and shoes I can wear. Such a change from my satm attire.

6. I know a guy who is a mortician and his stories from the inside are actually horendous, I hope your experiences will be better!!!

7. can u share some of the stories? :p

8. Well, when I was a work experence student they didn't sheild me from anything, I've seen some intresting stuff. The city I live in is small with a huge senior population, so 90% of the deaths here are of old age. But we do have the odd car accident and only like 3 murders in the last 10 years, but the last one was really bad - a whole family and it was REALLY grusome. It actually made news pretty much worldwide. But things like death have never bothered me, I don't know why, and I've always had jobs like this on my radar, even when I was 12 I wanted to be a forensic pathologist. Till I figured 12 years of med school was a little to much for me.

9. If it is your dream job- then you will really enjoy it! And if not, you will learn that it is not your dream job, and that is not the end of the world either!

Good luck!

10. Good luck on your interview!:yes:

11. Good luck, we used a woman funeral director for my nans funeral in december and she was loverly and wonderful took so much care!

12. good luck...

13. I have a friend who has taken over his fathers funeral home - enbalming and everything, he's a mortition now and LOVES it!!! He grew up above the funeral home as a child, kind of freaky if you ask me...but he loves it, hope that helps!!!

I guess I could deal with a funeral home more than BLOOD in a hospital!!

Unfortuantely, I will be going to one this week a dear friend's father passed away - and her mom passed away last summer, so sad!!!

14. Hey, just a little update-I think the interview went well, I was the first out of a few they are looking at for both part and full time, they said they would call either way now I'm just sittin around trying to will the phone to ring. Hopefully the out come will be good with having a little experence and all.
    itsgood: That would be my dream upbringing! Just like Six feet under! My dad is a cop so I imagine I got some of the doom and gloom intrest from him. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, my best friends father passed on my 24th birthday after a very short battle with a very bad bout with cancer, and it was very hard for her, But she has pulled through and is doing very well. I hope the same for your friend.:heart:

15. I hope you get what you want!

By the way. Where exactly is "Location: Canada's sunniest city?"