oily skin?

1. Can anyone recommend something that can help with oily skin? My skin gets really oily a couple of hours after i wash it....really oily and shiny. I'm using skinceuticals foaming cleanser and daily moisture right now. I went to Sephora today and got samples of Cosmedicine Medi-Matte...we'll see how that works tomorrow. Any suggestions?
  2. Mine does the same thing. What I swear by is oil-blotting sheets. There are many different brands, and you can purchase them at your local drugstore(Walgreens, CVS, etc.) I recommend Clean and Clear oil blotting sheets. Also, you could go the route of asking your dermatologist for some medication for the oily skin.
    Let me know how the Cosmedicine Medi-Matte works for you!
  3. I agree with blotting sheets - you can get very fine non-powdered ones from shiseido, or lightly powdered ones. I use "papier poudre" or the sandalwood ones from the body shop. The body shop ones are a bit overpowdered, so I usually give them a good blow before blotting. I recommend the powdered ones as your skin feels so lovely and papery after you wipe.

Also, if you use moisturiser everyday, get a water-based, oil-free one. There should be heaps at your supermarket - the cheapies usually do the trick for me.
  4. I use a mask twice a week. It really does help.
  5. I used to use Tea Tree oil face wash and face cream from the Body Shop, worked wonders for me during puberty...
  6. Nothing has ever worked for me like Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion. After many hours, I just have to blot my nose.
  7. Tea tree oil face wash does really help~
    I love it!
    I also use blotting paper and a shine control powder
  8. The problem I have had with oil control or mattifying moisturizers is that it has left my face too matte. I tried one from Kiehls before it and there was no glow from my skin anymore.
  9. there are some products that can help to control shine.
    i know that there is one from Dior but i cannot remember the name of it, you can apply it morning and night and it helps =)
    also, there are oil control cleanser like elizabeth arden oil control cleanser.
    blotting paper works too but you may realise that the more you use it, your face becomes even more oily again after some time.
    when the skin is too oily, part of the reason is because it is dehydrated, thus it produces oil so when you blott it off, after awhile, it will replenish it to make up for the dryness.
    so blotting is not everything. remember to use skincare that can really help to regulate the the skin ;)
    chanel foundation are very good at oil control.
  10. ^^Chanel foundations work terrible on my oily skin. I've tried everything and my skin is just oily. I don't want to strip it and am trying to avoid harsh chemicals so I wash with Julique liquid facial cleanser or an Arcona cleansing bar, during the day I usually wear eyecream and epicuren pure aloe on my face to sooth my skin and give it a little hydration (it absorbs right in no residue), and then a little concealer with a combo of mineral and powder foundations, Jane Iredale, Shu Uemura for the most part, and then blotting papers during the day......no miracles though.
  11. Really? I never knew that. I always thought that moisturizer would make the oil worse so i stopped using it a while ago...

My face is SUPER oily. Like an hour after i wash it, if i wipe my nose with my finger, i can see the oil on it. Kinda gross.
    Totally going to start using moisturizer now..
  12. Get some tea tree oil products, works great for oily skin. Use a mask every 2-3 days. I suggest QH Mint julep mask plus the aspirin mask. There are other threads here about the two. Very helpful.
  13. I wash with Cetaphil cleanser and I use Chanel Purete Mat Shine Control powder and it works wonders for me. I don't use a fondation or anything, just the powder around my T-zone. I've also been using Benefit Get Even powder to cover blemishes and even out my skin tone--the combo works better for me than a full on foundation.

The MJM and aspirin 2-3 times a week has also helped. Good luck!
  14. Hi,
    you have to select carefully for moisturiser. find one that is oil free. this is very crucial for oily skin.
    i have oily skin too and i am using an oil free moisturiser. the brand that i am using is called SK2 but it cannot be found here. but you can try clarins =)