oh, no! kinda long

sophiae

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
if you guys remember, i started a thread about whether i should get this vintage noe that was being offered to me for $229. the whole story is that it was originally listed on ebay, by a japanese seller, which i found on saturday. i had it authenticated here, and it was indeed authentic. i asked the seller, that saturday, that if i agreed to her BIN price of 200 + shipping, if i could pay him/her on friday, dec. 15, which is today, and got no response. when i went back to my ebay watchlist, it was gone, so i figured someone else had bought it. the next morning, however, i received an invoice for it and i was completely confused, since my message hadn't received a reply. that night i wrote her another email stating that i hadn't bought anything, so why was i receiving an invoice? i never got a response, so i figured it was an error. a few days later, i asked the seller if the issue was resolved and asked if the invoice was meant for me, or not? i got a response back saying "hello, of course it was given to you and did it". from that i got that the invoice was in fact meant for me. yesterday, however, i sent a message saying that i knew i should have asked her earlier but is there still a dustbag for it? and the response to that was "hello of course i stand thanks." at this point i sent her a message stating that i didn't quite understand her response, but asked again if there was a dustbag for the noe. her response was this, "i exhibit it again in a few days thanks." now i'm completely confused! i then sent her another message, last night, making sure that i'm supposed to paypal her the money today, and if she could send me another invoice, but i haven't received any response. is this a language barrier issue? her responses to my messages sounded so cryptic and now, i'm so confused... :confused1: i want that bag sooo bad:crybaby:, and it seemed like it is/was mine already, but what does it sound like, to you guys?

If you did not do a BIN, then she may have assumed that you wanted to do an off eBay transaction, stopped the auction and sent you an invoice.

I would ask the seller to list it again and then you can do a BIN.

she didn't have a buy it now option on her listing, but when i asked her if she'd accept a buy it now, she said her price would be $200 + shipping. i figured it would be an out of ebay transaction, but i'm so confused now by her responses to my questions. should i just paypal her the money already?:confused1:

I highly recommend that you do NOT do an off-eBay transaction - it is dangerous and against eBay policy.

I suggest you contact the seller and have them re-list the auction with a 200BIN. Be quick on the trigger finger as someone may come along and grab it - so refresh your watch list frequently, you'll see the re-list button come up next to the closed auction...

Pay by CC through PayPal but only when you have purchased the bag ON eBay.

you can do a pre approved buyer auction, this means only persons stated I.e. you can buy/bid. but explaining this may be difficult does anyone on tpf speak the same language & could translate for you?

you can do a pre approved buyer auction, this means only persons stated I.e. you can buy/bid. but explaining this may be difficult does anyone on tpf speak the same language & could translate for you?
i don't know... i am so confused by her responses. i know my cousin speaks japanese... i think sophia618 said she speaks japanese... i'll ask her

It does seem ike a language thing .. but that would scare me off buying something, what if I had to contact the seller again afterwards and getting cryptic replies again?

Go with your gut on this one..