OH NO!!! Help please QUICK!

1. I forgot to set a reserve on a coach bag that I listed recently and started the bidding at $0.99. There is no way I'm willing to sell that low, but someone bid on it already for that amount and I can't seem to add a reserve now...

What do I do?!?!
  2. I start all my bags really low, the bidding takes it up where I want to sell.
    Give it a try, people seem to like chasing the bags on eBay & many times I end up with frenzied buyers at the end of the auction.
  3. you can always end your listing and start over
  4. If you're really not sure it'll sell at the price you're looking for, you can cancel the auction, there's choice for "error reserve price" reason. It's better than you cancel the transaction after there's a winner. Good luck :smile:
  5. If it is a nice bag, it is unlikely it will go for less than it is worth. There are a lot of purse buyers out there. If you have a lot of watchers, there will be lots of the bidding at the end. If you do decide to relist, I'd recommend against setting a reserve price - that seems to be a real turn off for buyers. You should set your price at the minimum you would accept and hope you get more.
  6. I never set a reserve. I will also NEVER BID on an auction that has a reserve.

Just like northerndancer mentioned, reserves are really turn offs to buyers (plus they cost you more in fees!!). Just keep that in mind :smile:
  7. Thanks so much for all of your help! I will take all your advice and leave the auction as is, but I'm just worried about the auction ending at $0.99!

Thanks again, you guys are the best!
  8. What kind of bag is it? I have NEVER seen Coach end at $0.99.
  9. Just an example from me- I put up the LV Jack & Lucie bag charm/ keychain, starting at $9.99, no reserve. I hoped to get $400.00, it sold for $510.00- THAT"S why I let the bidders take the items where they will.
    I personally get more excited about bidding on items if I feel I will get a deal.
  10. I'm not sure what the name of the style is, but the number on the label is No. C2W-9813. It's black leather, tote-style, and has a zipped compartment in the middle that separates the bag into two sections. I think it's an older style, it was my moms, but she didn't use it much.
  11. Wow! Really?! That's awesome! Now I'm kind of thinking that I'd like to cancel my reserve on a few more of my items, lol, but I don't know if they'll refund the fee to me. Plus, they won't let me revise any of my listings at the moment because it says I have too many listings or something. How frustrating!
  12. Yeah! Just last week I sold a DB "Hands" wristlet starting at $0.99 NR. I just bought it because I was at Macy's and it was on sale for $30.00 (normally $45.00). I just wanted to get rid of it because I had NO use for it. I didn't care if it sold for $5.00, as long as it was gone.

Turns out, it sold for $49.00. That's even more than the full retail price! I have had a lot of success with $0.99/NR, and the more selling you do on eBay, I know you'll have a lot of fun watching the last few seconds.
  13. I found another one of those listed on eBay and it is already at $45.44. http://cgi.ebay.com/Coach-Black-Legacy-West-Large-Market-Tote-9813_W0QQitemZ170184689855QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  14. Let us know how you got on after the auction. Good luck
  15. I agree, I always start my items low to attract buyers and they sell at a decent price :biggrin: if its a higher end bag, I set a reserve, but no worries, the Coach wont end at 0.99, the low price will just attract more buyers to bid! :tup: